Another Infiltration Forum Forum Index Another Infiltration Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M4 Mutators
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Another Infiltration Forum Forum Index -> Infiltration Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snakeye

PostPosted: 2008-08-03 17:47:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad news everyone (man I hate those word by now..)

Aparently there is a more serious problem online as I found out today; it seems the client doesn't see the weapon or HUD with the new version of the M4 Improvements; you can fire it, reload it but it's not drawn - HUD returns when switching to another weapon. Also 3rd person is not shown for the client. The server sees it all right and offline works perfectly but online as client is FUBARed.

Since there are not that many changes I fear that somehow the changed aimview is involved, but I'll have to investigate this further, so I fear the release will be delayed a few days.

And after all having to use a server is a pain in the ass, so there are two things which could slightly lessen my pain:
- How to start a dedicated server from command line?
- How to reduce that I-Don't-Know-How-Long-Period that stupid game waits for players?

Sorry for the bad news, I really had a good feeling after the offline tests - and I certainly wasn't expecting to see that..

"This is a quasi-pleasant day. Almost not bad. Almost not bad at all..." Jon, 04.03.2009
*Firebird*

PostPosted: 2008-08-03 20:38:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snakeye wrote:
How to reduce that I-Don't-Know-How-Long-Period that stupid game waits for players?

Try the "Sessions" thread for it. Tell there when you need players to test. Wink

All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure. Mark Twain (1835-1910)

Our team is well balanced. - We have problems everywhere. Tommy Prothro (since 1941)
Stinkmarder
[JgKdo]

PostPosted: 2008-08-03 21:26:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snakeye wrote:
- How to start a dedicated server from command line?

ucc server DM-INF-ExtremePrejudice.unr?game=InfiltrationUT.InfilTeamGamePlus?mutator=INF_Bonus.INF_Bonus,INFMOD_WeaponPack.INFMOD_WeaponPack -port=17777 -INI=infserver.ini -USERINI=infserveruser.ini -LOG=infserver.log

Quote:
- How to reduce that I-Don't-Know-How-Long-Period that stupid game waits for players?

IIRC that's the 'NetWait' thing. Set it to 0.
Snakeye

PostPosted: 2008-08-04 06:07:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Firebird* wrote:
Snakeye wrote:
How to reduce that I-Don't-Know-How-Long-Period that stupid game waits for players?

Try the "Sessions" thread for it. Tell there when you need players to test. Wink

Uhm, I guess you misunderstood. When testing the server-client behavior I use a crossed out ethernet cable and connect my two working laptops together, one being the server and one the client - no need for other players to be tortured.

@Stinkmarder: Thanks, I think that's what I needed - will try as soon as I'm home again.

BTW: I'm actually not completely sure anymore if the problem is the mutator or some strange effect of one of my Inf installs. I tried to run the 1.10 release and got the same BS - while it does run properly when I connect to XploDs server, which does run the 1.10 too. UT99 is straaaaange Mad ..
..or I'm incompetent Laughing

"This is a quasi-pleasant day. Almost not bad. Almost not bad at all..." Jon, 04.03.2009
Stinkmarder
[JgKdo]

PostPosted: 2008-08-04 08:27:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snakeye wrote:
When testing the server-client behavior I use a crossed out ethernet cable and connect my two working laptops together, one being the server and one the client

You could also run both, client and server, on the same machine.

Quote:
I'm actually not completely sure anymore if the problem is the mutator or some strange effect of one of my Inf installs.

Did you forget to add a ServerPackage line in your server ini?
Snakeye

PostPosted: 2008-08-04 09:52:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stinkmarder wrote:
You could also run both, client and server, on the same machine.

Seriously? And does that have the same effect as being on a LAN? Or might I miss some bugs? One part I need to test (not for this release though) is the effect of client side inis that differ from the server one - I'm guessing this ain't possible when I run both on the same install.

Stinkmarder wrote:
Did you forget to add a ServerPackage line in your server ini?

Server ini? ServerPackage? Uhm, I'm not sure if I understand - I basically start Inf on my "server" and then either:
-Hit the "launch dedicated" button
-Start a "Net War" if I need to see what happens on both server/client side.

That worked fine when I did it with my old machines - both running XP; now one of them runs Vista, although I doubt this is the problem since playing online on COOP or XploD servers works fine.

Edit: Wait, this ServerPackage thing has awoken a deeply slumbering part of my brain - a long forgotten memory that I might have added the RO979 to the server packages, but perhaps that was just a Vokda induced delirium projection of some morbid fantasy. I'll check it since I doubt I ever did online tests for the M4Imp before..

*Firebird*

PostPosted: 2008-08-04 11:43:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snakeye wrote:
Snakeye: How to reduce that I-Don't-Know-How-Long-Period that stupid game waits for players?
*Firebird*: Try the "Sessions" thread for it. Tell there when you need players to test. Wink

Uhm, I guess you misunderstood.

Yeah, that's what I thought too, after I have read Stms following comment to that issue. Embarassed Tell me when I can emerge my corner, where I am ashamed of myself. Mr. Green

All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure. Mark Twain (1835-1910)

Our team is well balanced. - We have problems everywhere. Tommy Prothro (since 1941)
Snakeye

PostPosted: 2008-08-04 11:54:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Firebird* wrote:
Yeah, that's what I thought too, after I have read Stms following comment to that issue. Embarassed Tell me when I can emerge my corner, where I am ashamed of myself. Mr. Green

You may safely emerge from your corner any time you want - after all there's two people necessary for a misunderstanding: one who mumbles incomprehensible stuff and one that misunderstands Mr. Green

Stinkmarder
[JgKdo]

PostPosted: 2008-08-04 13:22:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snakeye wrote:
Seriously? And does that have the same effect as being on a LAN?

Yes.
But keep server and client configs in separate files.

Quote:
Server ini? ServerPackage? Uhm, I'm not sure if I understand - I basically start Inf on my "server" and then either:
-Hit the "launch dedicated" button

? Never seen that. Dunno what fancy launcher you use but better use a shell and the ucc server ... command line.

Quote:

How could that help?

Quote:
ServerPackage

When writing stuff for unreal you should know what a serverpackage is and when and why it is needed. It's quite important.
Snakeye

PostPosted: 2008-08-04 16:53:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stinkmarder wrote:
? Never seen that. Dunno what fancy launcher you use but better use a shell and the ucc server ... command line.

Well, Inf Main page -> The Network -> Launch Dedicated. Works for me Smile

Stinkmarder wrote:
Quote:

How could that help?

Well, for one I now have a way to find out if I forgot to add a serverpackage Wink

Stinkmarder wrote:
When writing stuff for unreal you should know what a serverpackage is and when and why it is needed. It's quite important.

Lets see what UDN says..
UDN Ini Files Tutorial wrote:
ServerPackages refer to packages that required to run during network gameplay. The unreal engine checks the GUID on the client- ensuring their id matches the server. If not, the client's connection to the server is refused. Any packages that contains classes that replicates data to the client should be listed in this section. For instance, any package that contains an Engine.Weapon subclass should be listed in this section. Format: ServerPackage=(Unreal Package Name) . In v3323 it's also possible to add temporary server packages from within UnrealScript using the function AddToPackageMap(...), it might be good to use this for optional packages that are only needed when an certain add-on is loaded.

I'm not quite sure on how this is important for coding, but it sure is important for testing with a server Mr. Green. Apparently I already did know I have to put the muties in there, since both WP and RO979 were in. I guess Alcohol really is bad for memory..

---FULL STOP---

So after successfully destroying any bit of faith any of you guys could have still had in my work, here's the 1.20 release.

While all should be inside the Readme File (including the warning this was written by an incompetent coder..) here are the most important changes:
-Bugfixes for most bulk problems.
-Bugfix for plain M4A1 not being replaced by improved version.
-Bugfix for disappearing 40mm nade.
-Bugfix for Hk416 replacement by M4A1.

-Changed Aim and Hip position as proposed by Psychomorph.
-Changed 40mm HE and WS trajectories.
-Removed saftey animation/sound at weapon up/down

Have fun and be sure to report in any bugs I didn't find.

Oh, and it should be reasonably safe to use on a server - just try Mr. Green

Psychomorph

PostPosted: 2008-08-06 16:33:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the mutator menue the mut is named "INF - M4A1 Mod" right? I have it running but offline it has no effect. Maybe wrong order? It is in the bottom of the mutator list.

Edit: ah I see, I had the old m4a1 mod build at the time I installed PsyTex, so this build was copied to the PsyTex system folder and remained, I have overwritten it now and it works. Looks awesome btw.

Aiming over the scope is really cool, I wish that could be done with the M16A2 too.
Snakeye

PostPosted: 2008-08-06 19:09:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psychomorph wrote:
Aiming over the scope is really cool, I wish that could be done with the M16A2 too.

Wait until [you-know-what Wink] is finished and I'll consider doing a more complete M16A2 overhaul Mr. Green

Snakeye

PostPosted: 2008-09-04 18:16:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there. As I just posted on BuF a new RO979 version is done. Use of the new40mm mutator with it is greatly recommended. For detailed information check Buf and/or the readme file.

EGM<P>

PostPosted: 2008-09-04 23:27:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

tach patrick ive downloaded your latest ro979 mutator but it fails to load the thermobaric 40mm ammo, its uses a standard 40mm he instead, i have yurch new 40 mm installed along side your mutator. it show up in the loadout menu but not ingame.
EGM<P>

PostPosted: 2008-09-04 23:40:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh and one more thing if you use the standard HE along the thermobaric 40mm in the loadout, your inf crashes instantly Shocked
looks like they use shared files or so and bite each other!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Another Infiltration Forum Forum Index -> Infiltration Development All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: