Another Infiltration Forum Forum Index Another Infiltration Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aimed Pistols

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Another Infiltration Forum Forum Index -> Infiltration Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Psychomorph

PostPosted: 2008-10-17 16:01:44    Post subject: Aimed Pistols Reply with quote

I noticed a conceptual issue with the Aimed Pistols mutator.

Using the "always aimed" option the pistol is forced at the aimed position disalowing you to hip the pistol and to jump. The "aimed on select only" option can not reload the pistol aimed, which is a very effective and realistic feature.

The best solution would be an additional option, namely to keep the aim on selection only (if prefered), so you can still toggle between the aimed and hipped position (and can jump), but reloading keeps the adjusted position (hipped reload when pistol hipped, aimed reload when pistol aimed).
Snakeye

PostPosted: 2008-10-17 16:11:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can reload a pistol aimed Shocked

Why did nobody tell me? Guess I'll have to take a look at that code too Wink

"This is a quasi-pleasant day. Almost not bad. Almost not bad at all..." Jon, 04.03.2009
ICBM

PostPosted: 2008-10-17 16:54:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, so it's a fact that Snakeye ís your 'coding slave' (quote) Psychomorph like you said yesterday?

Razz Razz

I do not shoot with my hand, He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. I shoot with my mind.

I do not kill with my gun, He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father. I kill with my heart."
Psychomorph

PostPosted: 2008-10-17 17:12:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

ICBM wrote:
Interesting, so it's a fact that Snakeye ís your 'coding slave' (quote) Psychomorph like you said yesterday?

Razz Razz

Nah, it was a joke. Snakeye is always open to suggestions, but he never does what he doesn't want to do. Very Happy

A coding slave would be good though.

Last edited by Psychomorph on 2008-10-17 17:27:00; edited 2 times in total
Psychomorph

PostPosted: 2008-10-17 17:13:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Snakeye:

Code:
; Smart: All pistols come up aimed if switched to. You can still switch between aimed and hipped. So, everything besides the weapon drawing stays as is.
;bAlwaysAimed=False
;bOnlyAimedOnSelect=True

Aimes on select, but acts normal from then on.

Code:
; Mixed: All pistols come up aimed if switched to. While reloading the weapon goes to the side/hip position and then back to aimed.
;bAlwaysAimed=False
;bOnlyAimedOnSelect=False

Problem here is, that while it moves to hip when reloading and back to aim after that, it can not be hipped manually, I see no problem with jumping.

Code:
; Full: All pistols come up aimed if switched to. The weapon stays aimed even while reloading.
;bAlwaysAimed=True
;bOnlyAimedOnSelect=False

Reloads aimed, but can not be hipped manually. You can jump only if you spawn with the pistol in hands allready, if you switch to it from a rifle or reload, the jump does not work anymore.

Best would be four options (working flawlessly ideally):

0) ON/OFF Aim on select is an option, if it's OFF the options below still can be used.

1) STANDART: Behaves normally (hip/aim toggle, hipped reload, hipped jump, etc).

2) SIMPLE: If the pistol is aimed it moves to hip when reloading and moves back to aim after completion.
Pistol can be manually toggled to hip any day and reloaded hipped, which keeps the pistol hipped after completion.
Jumping moves the pistol to hip.

3) ADVANCED: If the pistol is aimed it remains aimed when reloading.
Pistol can be manually toggled to hip any day and reloaded hipped, which keeps the pistol hipped after completion.
Jumping moves the pistol to hip.

Simple in concept, but who knows how much doable.
Snakeye

PostPosted: 2008-10-18 11:55:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhm, I actually mean the looking at code part in a literal sense - i.e. I'm interested how it was solved. But with such high expectations I'll probably investigate if the desired behavior can be achieved within reasonable time too Smile

"This is a quasi-pleasant day. Almost not bad. Almost not bad at all..." Jon, 04.03.2009
Snakeye

PostPosted: 2008-10-18 16:02:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I did look at the code - and I'm reasonably glad I did since it does seem to contain a way (I hope) to read client side inis. But for any other case I'm not going to touch this thing with a 12ft pole.

The errors you get are inherent to the mutator design - plus it only seems to work for some weapon. M9 and DE are excempt it seems - my best guess because others use skeletal animation, which does seem to allow for the aimed reload; if you want to see something ugly try using it with a Beretta 96 or 98. From what I could see the not jumping thing is only present after reload of the pistol - I was able to spawn with the rifle in hand and switch to the pistol and then jump.

My personal opinion is, that the mutator does what it can do rather efficiently, but with side effects that can't be circumvented (I personally wouldn't have let the always aimed thing be an option if I had released it, since it's so obviously bugged). Sorry Psy, but to achieve the desired behavior I'd think you'd need a very different approach - like changing every pistol in game, which just isn't worth it.

Psychomorph

PostPosted: 2008-10-18 17:35:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I know the old pistols have only the hipped reload thingy.

Pitty it can't be solved, all that needs to be there is basially only the "optional aim on select" and a "reload at adjusted position" (be it hipped or aimed, the old pistols would automatically move to hip and back to aim for aimed-reload, since there is no other easy solution). The jumping problems would not be there at all, since a forced aim position wouldn't be there.

But anyway, thanks for investigating Snakeye.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Another Infiltration Forum Forum Index -> Infiltration Development All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: