Another Infiltration Forum Forum Index Another Infiltration Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New INF COOP promo video

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Another Infiltration Forum Forum Index -> Infiltration Coop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ICBM

PostPosted: 2008-12-04 20:44:12    Post subject: New INF COOP promo video Reply with quote

Took some time thanks to an exam half way tru, and the fact that AVS Video Editor is an all out piece of shit program which made me yell out in rage many times. Also, Fraps gave me lagspikes which froze me for 4 seconds for some damn reason. Despite this, it was very fun to make this.

Allright, this video is about nine minutes long and is sort of an 'Promotion video' for INF COOP which we can show to ppl when
we need to explain why the hell we play this. I included teamplay, weapons, different tactical situations and mass attacks scenes.
Sadly, I was unable to cut out all the scenes with Snakeye in it, he actually had some good action footage (he dies in a couple of scenes, which makes it bearable hehe). Finding fitting music was quite difficult, it makes or breaks a video, but I think it turned out quite well.

Youtube link: (higher quality movie (180mb) and Filefront download link in the description area)

(tip: Play it LOUD)
http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=NYt1LoVUU3Q

Please comment

I do not shoot with my hand, He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. I shoot with my mind.

I do not kill with my gun, He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father. I kill with my heart."

Last edited by ICBM on 2008-12-05 19:06:00; edited 4 times in total
Snakeye

PostPosted: 2008-12-05 06:19:43    Post subject: Re: New INF COOP promo video Reply with quote

ICBM wrote:
Sadly, I was unable to cut out all the scenes with Snakeye in it, he actually had some good action footage (he dies in a couple of scenes, which makes it bearable hehe).

Awwww, the hostility Sad

Plus you HAD to take the M60 scene? I'm usually more the 0311 than the 0331..

Oh, and isn't the G36 called G36? Or did anyone mod a new G38 (perhaps youtube quality was bad though Mr. Green).

Other than that really nice - can't say I really liked the music, but it wasn't out of place either. You should have put in a few Nali killing scenes though - for completeness of the picture Mr. Green

"This is a quasi-pleasant day. Almost not bad. Almost not bad at all..." Jon, 04.03.2009
ICBM

PostPosted: 2008-12-05 16:18:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

G*ddammit, I knew I missed a spelling error.. Evil or Very Mad

I will fix it right away.

And about Nali genocides.. I plan on making another video packed with that kind of thing, + nasty teamkills, Snakeye's corporal violations, and other stupid mishaps. So fear me when I am on the server..

I do not shoot with my hand, He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. I shoot with my mind.

I do not kill with my gun, He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father. I kill with my heart."
Psychomorph

PostPosted: 2008-12-05 22:06:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one, though the runny and strafy movement behavior is less representative.
Chuckus

PostPosted: 2008-12-06 05:46:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that depends on how you like to play Very Happy

I like it
ICBM

PostPosted: 2008-12-06 13:37:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, well I'd like to move my sorry ass when under fire from 10 Skaarj or Brutes. As you can see in the vid it saved me from incoming rockets many times. With Xplod's mass monster battles you'll need to play, in my opinion anyway, highly aggressively to take as much of them down before they overrun you, and worse the machinegunners.

Anyway, like Chuckus said the entire vid is from my perspective and thus my particular playing style.

Snakeye

PostPosted: 2008-12-06 16:01:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to agree with ICBM here - on XploD with it's high monster multiplier you end up having to use different tactics to be successful, or at least not get wiped every corner. Aimed single shot ain't working when 10+ Skaarj charge you on a corridor - hell, two machine guns might have troubles stopping them. That's why I usually go M60 or SAW with no/few people and switch to my rifleman loadouts as soon as at least two machine gunners are present.

Also considering the times I play on I usually see more light-tacs around, so it even might be more representative..

"This is a quasi-pleasant day. Almost not bad. Almost not bad at all..." Jon, 04.03.2009
zeep

PostPosted: 2009-01-23 21:27:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey nice vid ICBM. Long enough to eat dinner with Wink
Darkslide

PostPosted: 2012-06-01 15:28:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

This video was the only reason I discovered Infiltration Coop.
Thank you for this awesomeness!
Psychomorph

PostPosted: 2012-06-02 00:59:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, great video.

Man, 2008 was great time for INF co-op, Stinkmarder's server was up and runing and we had great games. Of course the XploD madness was fun, too.
Ocsi88

PostPosted: 2013-01-07 20:50:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkslide wrote:
This video was the only reason I discovered Infiltration Coop.

I discovered the game thanks to this video. Smile
I wanted unreal coop with the old unreal inf, so i googled for "infiltration coop".

Psychomorph wrote:
Man, 2008 was great time for INF co-op, Stinkmarder's server was up and runing and we had great games. Of course the XploD madness was fun, too.

Yeah, i remeber playing coop with ~12 players. Smile
Psychomorph

PostPosted: 2013-01-08 01:21:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah good games we had, the best I had online.
If I could I'd make a mod based on Infiltration/Unreal coop. Realistic gameplay and realistic sci-fi weapons but a bit more dynamic gameplay (not arcade), great locations like in unreal and stuff.

Btw, I want that gun in your avatar picture, Osci. Can I beta test it?

Also do not forget the initial INF coop promo video by Zeep:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12g7CcjdxzQ
Ocsi88

PostPosted: 2013-01-08 08:29:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psychomorph wrote:

Btw, I want that gun in your avatar picture, Osci. Can I beta test it?

The thing is, i only made the model, and animations, but the original format, with the animation (.max) is gone. ;(
If someone finishes the model (maybe i can ask for some detailed pix), bacause i cant do that nowdays, and make the coding part, it can be testable. Smile
Psychomorph

PostPosted: 2013-01-08 22:15:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why you ppl never backup things. Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Another Infiltration Forum Forum Index -> Infiltration Coop All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: