Another Infiltration Forum Forum Index Another Infiltration Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How would you like a new INF co-op to be?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Another Infiltration Forum Forum Index -> Infiltration Coop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Psychomorph

PostPosted: 2009-10-01 22:42:06    Post subject: How would you like a new INF co-op to be? Reply with quote

What would it be like?

I would go for a more sci-fi soldier, nothing extreme like full body armour, but more closer to how things are now, just a bit more high-tech. You'd still have camouflaged suits, could wear boonies, etc, but the weapons would be more futuristic, like caseless ammunition or maybe even a handy energy rifle with rechargeable "magazine-cells", but it should still be gritty-realistic, no clinically clean schi-fi-ness. There still would be semi-auto double tapping or burst fire, even with the energy weapon.

It would be basically INF but more high-tech, fitting better to the scene.
Snakeye

PostPosted: 2009-10-02 05:10:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why need a new one? The old one still looks nice to me - as long as there still are Nali Mr. Green

From my personal point of view I partly agree with weapons, though I'd rather just bring them up to date than add energy weapons or caseless stuff, since both aren't even close to being in use (no I don't count the G11 as close). Basically weapons in the line of the M14EBR or the DS Arms SA58s with a variety of attachments would be nice - plus a higher variety of attachments for the existing weapons. If you look at what soldiers use in the battlefield right nor, the weapons didn't change too much in the past 20 years, but they sure use more add-ons. The SCAR does a pretty nice job at implementing an up-to-date weapon - even though I'm still running aroung primarily with a FAL or a SIG or a M4, because I like them more than a SCAR; the SCAR just doesn't strike me as being pretty (IRL - the in-game model is awesome).

As we're just discussing equipment I'd add a few tools for recon and perhaps the option to call in air support or artillery (so we don't take on a jillion Skaarj completely alone) - also I'd make the transloc a standard COOP equipment. This might be unpopular among hardcore-tacs, but to be honest if there's a world where big teleporters are usual then I don't have any problems with a portable one; I'd just add a recharge time after a translocation to avoid the (now common) transloc spam - although there are maps where the transloc spam method IS an acceptable means of tranportation. Also is a transloc really more unrealsitic than a bunch of crates that happen to be at EVERY passage you couldn't pass otherwise?

What else for new COOP? Well, more realistic Skaarj would be nice - or rather more realistic Skaarj weapons (*cough* momentum transfer *cough*).

Other than that? No more plot Nalis - ever. Plus a statistic on how many Nalis got killed by the player. Plus a free mag for every Nali killed. Plus more Nalis to kill Mr. Green

"This is a quasi-pleasant day. Almost not bad. Almost not bad at all..." Jon, 04.03.2009
Midwinter

PostPosted: 2009-10-02 20:38:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there is anything wrong with COOP as it is now. The only problem is the somewhat limited selection of maps available, and the fact that we can't apply some randomness to the enemy positions and types without compromising gameplay. Although i would prefer some randomness even if it meant that sometimes a Titan would spawn in a small room Razz
Psychomorph

PostPosted: 2009-10-03 15:08:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

My question was not if we need a new INF, but how would a new take on the concept of our very own INF co-op be (very own, because it is nothing official, it is basically a thing kept alive by few peoples, I even dare to say it's kind of a personal deal).
Snakeye

PostPosted: 2009-10-04 17:22:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm probably tired from the weekend, but where in this thread did one ask for a new Inf?

"This is a quasi-pleasant day. Almost not bad. Almost not bad at all..." Jon, 04.03.2009
Midwinter

PostPosted: 2009-10-04 19:33:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

may I ask the same? Wink

Just to clarify my last post: I don't think there is anything wrong with COOP as it is now, but some randomness in gameplay would be welcome (by me, at least)
spm1138

PostPosted: 2009-11-18 19:18:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

What... like if someone was making a new Inf-coop style mod or what I'd want from a new game?

I always thought it'd be cool to have Inf style levels and baddies in co-op.

Mmm. Maybe better co-op tuning. Moving spawnpoints etc.

I've played other co-op titles like L4D and Killing Floor. Those games seem to have a better match-up between the levels and the game mechanics.

Perhaps something with more match-up between the player mechanics and levels/enemies would be betterer.

I wouldn't mind a more sci-fi game. It's already a bit sci fi by virtue of it BEING SKAARJ YOU'RE SHOOTING.

Sci fi doesn't have to be like Halo or Trek:
http://www.neotokyohq.com/

PostPosted: 2010-05-02 23:47:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised no one has brought up the OICW, maybe you could make something similar to that design. At least use something with a similar scope, or have a cool display for a sight.
Carpetsmoker

PostPosted: 2010-05-04 20:57:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

The XM29 is not a realistic gun, and should not be in the game in the first place.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Another Infiltration Forum Forum Index -> Infiltration Coop All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: