Another Infiltration Forum Forum Index Another Infiltration Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems & Issues
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Another Infiltration Forum Forum Index -> Infiltration Coop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Psychomorph

PostPosted: 2010-02-21 02:24:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carpetsmoker wrote:
- Run UT on one core.

How to achieve that? I only know to start the application, minimize it, go to the task manager and set affinity to one core. Is that a reliable method? Does it take affect at the application at all? In Thief: The Dark Project it worked all the way, so I guess it does for Infiltration. Is there a permanent method?

Carpetsmoker wrote:
- Disable Intel Speedstep / AMD PowerNow.

That's one of my problems, I don't know for sure how. I can't in my BIOS. No idea how in RMclock. People say changing power managment to high performance does disable it, I did and saw no changes to my situation, so either PowerNow is not the problem, or I just couldn't deactivate it yet (am still working on that, waiting for answer on RMclock forum).

Basically I did all of it, set cpuspeed in launch shortcut, assigned one core, changed power managment to high performance. The result is quite similar as before, 70% the game works good, 10% are slow downs (quite cool to see grenades and cartridges moving with bullet time effect) and 20% are performance issues (bad FPS and the system sounds like it's working real hard, like outdated hardware which is not powerful enough to handle the game), while the laptop is only about two years old.

My laptop seems unoptimized kind of, or it's just pure crap (which it most probably is). Drivers seem all up to date.

I dunno...
Snakeye

PostPosted: 2010-02-21 18:39:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carpetsmoker wrote:
FYI
What if going on is a feature, and not a bug Wink

All modern (And not-so-modern) CPU's suport a feature known as CPU speed throttling, what this does is simple: lower the clockrate if the CPU isn't being used too much.
The reason for this is that it saves power, and generates less heat.
It doesn't change the voltage (It uses less power because the CPU will use less current, i.e. Amp).

I'd actually hope we all already knew that Wink - and as we all know: the problem is that UT wasn't build with such a feature in mind.

Carpetsmoker wrote:
So, this is what this program is for. To provide a missing Windows feature...

Actually it's a tad more powerful than that alone, since it allows you to change core voltages, which is kinda useful to keep the CPU a tad cooler..

Psychomorph wrote:
Carpetsmoker wrote:
- Run UT on one core.

How to achieve that? I only know to start the application, minimize it, go to the task manager and set affinity to one core. Is that a reliable method? Does it take affect at the application at all? In Thief: The Dark Project it worked all the way, so I guess it does for Infiltration. Is there a permanent method?

There are some programs which allow you to set the core a certain exe runs on permanently. I did it for mine ages ago and naturally forgot which program it was - but searching the web for such a program shouldn't be too hard. The alternative would be alt-tabbing out of UT each time you start it and setting preferences manually in the task manager (i.e. pain in the ass).

Psychomorph wrote:
People say changing power managment to high performance does disable it.

From my experience it doesn't, since the CPU will still throttle down when it get's bored - perhaps that's a feature for mobile CPUs only, but since I'm on laptops for ~8 years now I couldn't say for desktop CPUs anyway.

"This is a quasi-pleasant day. Almost not bad. Almost not bad at all..." Jon, 04.03.2009
Psychomorph

PostPosted: 2010-03-18 19:13:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a Direct3D 10 renderer, supposed to improve the performance, etc. I tried it and had not a single slowdown, but performance is horrible, very horrible. What the...
captaintutle

PostPosted: 2010-03-22 05:56:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if anyone has a solution to this, but here it goes anyway.

I've been attempting to record some gameplay video of Infiltration in hopes of raising awareness of existence of Infiltration.

However, whenever I start up fraps, game lags beyond a playable framerate to around 10 fps.

This is quite inexplicable to me, as my system is more than enough to sufficiently handle running Infiltration and Fraps at the same time.

Is this a problem prevalent in all UT99 based games, or am I just doing something wrong?

also, I've seen a video of someone using ENB Series renderer on infiltration, which added some nice features like actual bloom, ambient occlusion, and parallax occlusion mapping. If anyone knows how to get d3d9 renderer to work properly without having any errors of any kind, please be kind as to share your secrets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTI4wa7F4bo
Corky

PostPosted: 2010-05-01 22:04:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't connect to any co-op servers. It keeps saying I have the wrong version of ucompass. Could someone link me?
Psychomorph

PostPosted: 2010-05-01 23:12:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just delete it from the .../System folder and connect to server.
Psychomorph

PostPosted: 2010-05-16 21:30:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, better the .zip.

eavydarkmatchiii.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  eavydarkmatchiii.zip
 Filesize:  9.98 KB
 Downloaded:  1348 Time(s)

Stogie

PostPosted: 2010-06-15 18:27:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i can`t remember, but should i have a Scuba Gear in Coop ????
Snakeye

PostPosted: 2010-06-15 18:55:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes

"This is a quasi-pleasant day. Almost not bad. Almost not bad at all..." Jon, 04.03.2009
Stogie

PostPosted: 2010-06-17 19:19:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok fixed this somehow Question but now i have another thing, how do i activate the NVG ?
damnit, Inf is deleting my coop maps sometimes LoL
Snakeye

PostPosted: 2010-06-18 05:23:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stogie wrote:
Ok fixed this somehow Question but now i have another thing, how do i activate the NVG ?

Don't know by heart, but it should be in the WP1.5.1 readme. If you don't find it I'll post a more helpful answer later (no Inf installation at work Sad).

Stogie wrote:
damnit, Inf is deleting my coop maps sometimes LoL

Are you positive about that? If so did you download them from a server into the cache (items in the cache get deleted after a configurable time) or does it delet files from the map folder? The latter would be vaguely unsettling - most probably caused by viruses, gremlins or poltergeists; if a virus scan finds nothing get a catholic priest for a bit of exorcism.

Stogie

PostPosted: 2010-06-18 12:54:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snakeye wrote:
Stogie wrote:

Don't know by heart, but it should be in the WP1.5.1 readme. If you don't find it I'll post a more helpful answer later (no Inf installation at work Sad).

Don`t have the Liesmich, would be nice to post it when u have time plz. About the Scuba gear bug....it seems that it doesn`t work on UNR-Passage Shocked

Snakeye wrote:

Are you positive about that? If so did you download them from a server into the cache (items in the cache get deleted after a configurable time) or does it delet files from the map folder? The latter would be vaguely unsettling - most probably caused by viruses, gremlins or poltergeists; if a virus scan finds nothing get a catholic priest for a bit of exorcism.

Oh god help me to defeat the evil in my personal computer....SATAN GET OUT OF IT *fart* Cool
Ok Inf doesn`t like it if u sort the maps in seperat folders by gamemodes (i made the entries in [Core.System] btw)
Snakeye

PostPosted: 2010-06-20 07:12:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fresh from the local InfiltrationUser.ini:
'nvision' should be the command.

Snakeye

PostPosted: 2010-07-19 17:45:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psy, if you still have the mobile problems, I recently had to re-setup Jade (after her GFX card got replaced) and ended up with more trouble using RMClock than I rememered - i.e. I followed the steps i gave you back then, yet wasn't able to get a stable clock - until I found that back in the old days, there were a few more settings I had set.

Primarily these concern the advanced features of the processor; what I mainly did was to turn off all enhanced low power states and set the CPU type to mobile (see pic 1 - though only for Intel Core 2 processors, might look different for AMDs), which finally resulted in a flat line on the CPU clock (see pic 2).

If all else fails you could try to turn off the OS load based management (pic 3) which kinda sounds like it could help - or you could fiddle around with other features that sound like they're helpful.

If you still want to get Inf running you might give it a try.

Advanced settings The monitoring page Mangement page
Psychomorph

PostPosted: 2010-07-19 18:43:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll look into that, thanks.

After Carpetsmoker suggested to clean the fan, I did, it was very dirty and since then no slowdowns anymore, so yes, I can play INF now. Very Happy
However, performance is noticeably not optimal, especially if I connect the laptop to the 29" Dell, I have really unpleasant performance. But I guess since the major issue is resolved, I will be able to tweak the minor performance issues that are still left.

It feels awesome to play knowing that no crash and long boots will bug you. I really forgot how that felt. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Another Infiltration Forum Forum Index -> Infiltration Coop All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: