Another Infiltration Forum Forum Index Another Infiltration Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SPP-1M underwater pistol (In development)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Another Infiltration Forum Forum Index -> Infiltration Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scuddles

PostPosted: 2019-03-19 13:51:13    Post subject: SPP-1M underwater pistol (In development) Reply with quote

Hello all Infiltration fans,

I got into INF coop recently and noticed that underwater combat there involves knives, frag grenades and pre-placed claymores since you can't fire weapons while underwater.

I had some experience creating weapons for Killing Floor on UT2k4, so I've decided to try adding a SPP-1M underwater pistol to Infiltration to make underwater combat less silly.

The firstperson model has been finished, unwrapped, and coloured. I only have to finish up the textures and then do the animations (Big thanks to C.inigo for posting his INF handrig).

I don't have any experience with compiling for UT99 yet. And actually I have not managed to successfully load INF assets in the UT99 SDK yet, I see that there are InfED icons in the install directory but there seems to not actually be an infiltration editor?

Edit: I've now managed to look at the INF assets in the UT99 editor
Psychomorph

PostPosted: 2019-03-22 20:50:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome work. This is going to be a useful contribution.
Scuddles

PostPosted: 2019-04-07 13:10:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an update.
The model, texture and animation are almost finished. I got lazy and didn't draw in some details like the inside of the frame, the spring behind the trigger, as well as a metal texture for the bullets. I might do these before any actual release.
Animation wise, I haven't used this handrig before and it works differently from what I've seen for Killing Floor, and so this animation was a little difficult to make and adjust. It's possible I may revisit it sometime in the future if I learn anything new about how to use this handrig, but for now this should be good enough for a test release.
I couldn't upload the .mp4 preview as an attachment, so I uploaded it to gfycat.
https://gfycat.com/DetailedDeepAmericanwarmblood
I also uploaded the texture and some helpers if Psychomorph wants to take a look these.
It's planned that the player will be able to unload partially used clips, and only load full ones. Any partially loaded clips that are dropped by reloading will then be lost unlike the UDAR.
For now I've exported the skeletal mesh and animations, I'll have to figure out how to compile this for INF now.
Scuddles

PostPosted: 2019-04-18 17:53:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

I managed to put together something that should be good enough for a test version. It reuses a couple of INF sounds and there are a couple of minor visual issues which I was too lazy to spend time implementing or figuring out how to fix.
- No world models for partially expended clips
- No visualization of spent primers
- Weapon name doesn't appear in select icon

The weapon also behaves differently from it's real-life counterpart. I've read that the SPP-1M can only be reloaded when empty, perhaps it is related to whichever chamber the striker mechanism is rotated to. Considering gameplay purposes I've let the weapon reload whenever any rounds are missing, especially since it would be a lot of work to set up all the animations for every single case possible. All unspent ammunition in partially fired clips is discarded and this conveniently ensures that only 4 round clips are loaded.

I've tried messing with the weapon code to get it fully functional underwater, but it looks like aiming and reloading is still tied to the soldier class, so for now the only underwater feature that works is firing.

I haven't finalized the ballistics either, but for now I've set the values to resemble 7.62 NATO. It's likely too powerful, but it was to compensate for not being to reload underwater.

Here is a preview video showing the first person animations. I have not tested to see if the world models on the player show up fine yet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9P4rXdiMEc
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Another Infiltration Forum Forum Index -> Infiltration Development All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: