Another Infiltration Forum Forum Index Another Infiltration Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WHY?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Another Infiltration Forum Forum Index -> Infiltration Coop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
*Firebird*

PostPosted: 2008-04-26 19:18:15    Post subject: WHY? Reply with quote

Why you disabled the radar Question And made all those changes on both servers? Why you donīt test it first at only one server? Shocked How should somebody find you guys now, if he/she doesnīt know everyway on map, what is in my opinion some more realistic than to know all areas on a so called extrinsic planet ?
Btw, the radar on 25m was a very good instrument to avoid TKs, because you were able to see which positions your teammates took around you!
Hope you donīt really wanna boot me out. Crying or Very sad

edit: I spend 50% of my game time while checking the radar. Shall I ask you now everytime for the way again to find you? Twisted Evil

All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure. Mark Twain (1835-1910)

Our team is well balanced. - We have problems everywhere. Tommy Prothro (since 1941)
Chuckus

PostPosted: 2008-04-27 06:38:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

communication. Razz

You're supposed to ask your teammates for their position and their SUPPOSED to wait for you. If you're lost, a vet is supposed to come get you.

The word SUPPOSED TO is the operative term here because most people just ditch their teamates if they can't keep up.

Learn to communicate and you won't need the radar. Me Stink And Psych did fine when we first started playing original unreal without knowing what was coming up. We just used common sense to get through it.
Snakeye

PostPosted: 2008-04-27 08:43:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Firebird, I never ever used a radar in COOP and I get around nicely (I think). Just use communication, as Chuckus pointed out; TeamSay messages are shown on your "upper compass" (unless that changed too) and provide you with a general information on bearing and distance of your teammates. Also kind teammates may describe the way to take. It's not too hard, just give it a try.

"This is a quasi-pleasant day. Almost not bad. Almost not bad at all..." Jon, 04.03.2009
Alo_08[JgKdo]
INFanterist

PostPosted: 2008-04-27 08:44:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuckus wrote:
communication. Razz
Me Stink And Psych did fine when we first started playing original unreal without knowing what was coming up. We just used common sense to get through it.

Well that game is not only for Stink, Psycho, Carpet and you...
But u can lock a server to keep your "teamplay" clean...

PostPosted: 2008-04-27 10:19:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I used the radar for better teamplay(!) - I scale it in on 25 and so I'm able to see my teammates position in my back... Otherwise I'm kind of blind and don't know in which direction I can move without crossing a lof...

Chuckus wrote:
communication. Razz

Learn to communicate and you won't need the radar. Me Stink And Psych did fine when we first started playing original unreal without knowing what was coming up. We just used common sense to get through it.

btw - I'm really happy that u have more fun now, but do you think you can create more teamplay (for ALL players) with "optimizations" that aren't teamdecisions and obviously splitt the community?
The problem is, that now ALL players are FORCED to play like you, stink and psych - no choice!!!
Ente

PostPosted: 2008-04-27 11:19:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The problem is, that now ALL players are FORCED to play like you, stink and psych - no choice!!!

thats the point... I love playing in a "more tactical" way, u all know that and i liked the new bulk settings as they showed me that i can also play with only one weapon (and a sidegun, mostly the Socom). I only use the radar if I'm spltted from the team and totaly lost as I dont know all the maps. But I really do not think that "forcing" all the players to play like we do, is the right way. To be honest they sometimes piss me off a bit, but I tollerate ther way playing COOP... If it gets too - "arcade" was the word someone used to call this, I switch the server...

It's all about compromise. If Stm would change the bulk to the setting before, I'd keep using my "one-big-weapon-12mags-and-a-sidegun" loadout. If stm would enable Radar I'd still dont use it. It would be MY decision to restrict myselfe.
Carpetsmoker

PostPosted: 2008-04-27 15:14:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]The problem is, that now ALL players are FORCED to play like you, stink and psych - no choice!!![./quote]

And we're never "forced" to play "arcade style"?

One thing everyone seems to be forgetting is that there are TWO servers, the new bulk is enabled on only ONE, so if you don't like it play on the other server! You DO have a CHOICE!
Crazy_Karnickel

PostPosted: 2008-04-27 15:35:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carpetsmoker wrote:

One thing everyone seems to be forgetting is that there are TWO servers, the new bulk is enabled on only ONE, so if you don't like it play on the other server! You DO have a CHOICE!

Stinkmarder wrote:

Changed CustomBulk settings on Coop 1 & 2 !!

Weapons keep their original bulk values, but all ammo now has a fixed bulk value of one. (was zero before) Equipment items have zero bulk. (unchanged)

So check your loadout bulk before playing there...

Changed some settings on both servers:

- Radar disabled
- Carcasses stay forever
- Dropped weapons and ammo stay forever
- 3 TK limit
- Removed annoying 20 min countdown

So, like I said - no choice! And that's the problem that causes all the trouble... Exclamation
Carpetsmoker

PostPosted: 2008-04-27 16:53:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugh, I stand corrected, I thought the new settings were only on coop1.
Chuckus

PostPosted: 2008-04-27 16:59:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can understand the frustration you guys are having.

But the ultra teamplay guys like us have been pushed out of coop for a really long time now. I'm happy that the challenge is back and that the game is starting to be played as a tactical mission rather than a run and gun turkey shoot.

When we play slow and steady and someone runs off ahead with a minimi, an m4, famas with 50 grenades, it's not much fun for those of us trying to actually use teamplay.

Give it a shot. Try and be patient and learn how to move properly and I guarantee you'll see coop in a very different light. The point is that we're weak and their strong. They're technologically and physically advantaged. How do we win? by cooperation and tactics and wit.

Last edited by Chuckus on 2008-04-27 17:00:21; edited 1 time in total
Snakeye

PostPosted: 2008-04-27 17:00:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carpetsmoker wrote:
And we're never "forced" to play "arcade style"?

Okay, technically I doubt anyone can be forced to play a game the way he doesn't want; I personally would think said person would rather quit than play. And I guess I never saw you playing arcade (or our definitions of arcade differ strongly), you usually quit the server and joined the second one - often enough joined by at least Ente - which I personally think was the right thing to do, rather than waste your time with people who don't fit your style of play. I always thought that was the point of having two servers..

Guess I'll try the new settings now, hopefully there's someone on Mr. Green

"This is a quasi-pleasant day. Almost not bad. Almost not bad at all..." Jon, 04.03.2009
Stinkmarder
[JgKdo]

PostPosted: 2008-04-27 18:13:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuckus wrote:
Give it a shot. Try and be patient and learn how to move properly and I guarantee you'll see coop in a very different light. The point is that we're weak and their strong. They're technologically and physically advantaged. How do we win? by cooperation and tactics and wit.

Ack!
Midwinter

PostPosted: 2008-04-28 19:24:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, wait... there WAS a radar??? Shocked
Snakeye

PostPosted: 2008-04-28 21:16:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Midwinter wrote:
Hmmm, wait... there WAS a radar??? Shocked

You know what, that's exactly what I said when they told me Mr. Green

Psychomorph

PostPosted: 2008-04-28 22:17:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know there is a radar, but I never used it, even not in TDM at the beginning of my INF career.
Hell, I am not even using a HUD, my screen is completely clean (as you can see on all of my screenshots), so I don't even have the UTcompass thingy. I orientate by smoke signal grenades, environmental description by co-players or the compass (I have a key to tell myself a chat message with direction I am looking to in "compass langage", I still would prefer to have a little compass in the score board). Do I need to say that it is how it actually should be, realistically? :p
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Another Infiltration Forum Forum Index -> Infiltration Coop All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: