Another Infiltration Forum Forum Index Another Infiltration Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

INF Coop Tactics
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Another Infiltration Forum Forum Index -> Infiltration Coop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Midwinter

PostPosted: 2008-04-28 18:56:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alo: maybe you should think about removing that benelli Razz
Carpetsmoker

PostPosted: 2008-04-28 19:21:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, MP5K, Uzi, MP5A2/A3 etc. are all much lighter
Snakeye

PostPosted: 2008-04-29 06:03:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stinkmarder wrote:
Regarding coordination/communication:

Communication doesn't need words. Most communication in a tactical game is non-verbal. You don't need TeamSpeak (it can be a benefit, of course, but also a distraction), you don't even need much team chat communication.

I agree with this point assuming you are in a team you know well or who generally fit your playstyle. I have a much harder time figuring out what's going on when I'm playing with the "hardcore tacs" just because I don't do that often and have a harder time predicting actions of my teammmembers. When I'm on a server with my usual squad - Biene, Crazy, XploD and so on - the teamwork is much easier since I'm much better at predicting their actions.

I guess the difference the right use of teamspeak can make could be seen in the game we had yesterday, where my usual squad was playing with Ente and Chuckus and Ente joined teamspeak. He started by pointing out good tactical positions for our MGs and SAW and in no time assumed a quasi-squad leader role - sure, we had the usual non-combat related chatter, but on times Ente asked us to stop this for critical situations and then only tactical talk would fill good old FOOL TS. I guess we would not really compare to the "hadcore tacs", since we do not (yet?) have their tactical finesse, but from my personal point of view we did pretty well - and the one firefight at the big tunnel on one HCL(?) map was just plain awesome.

I think this basically could only work because we had TS - using in game writing would have taken ages IMO - and we had a "hardcore tac" who took the patience to guide us - my sincere thanks to Ente for his brilliant job. That he is (and therefore speaks) German also made TS communication easier. I really hope we can have more such games in future.

"This is a quasi-pleasant day. Almost not bad. Almost not bad at all..." Jon, 04.03.2009
Chuckus

PostPosted: 2008-04-29 06:16:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Ente mentioned that he was on team speak. That explained why everything ran so smoothly Very Happy You guys were perfect to the point where I felt I needed to step my game up. It was a great game.

Tactics aren't that complicated really.The basic I idea is that each weapon has it's strength and weakness and everyone should know when one is more important than the other.

In the case of the assault and that huge amount of skarrj in the tunnel, it was clear to me once I saw the strength of the enemy, that there were two things that had to be done.

1) we needed to keep them at a distance

2) the machine guns needed to be in place in order to keep a sustained rate of fire in order to
- slow down the enemy advance once they spotted us
- allow us riflemen to take potshots and draw fire away from the MGs which do 90% of the killing

Ente being our squad leader is EXACTLY how a real military works. Everyone is skilled in coop there's no question, the problem is teamwork and effective use of fire which is key to any firefight. (An example of this is I'm the man on point, I peek over a corner and see 5 skarrj about 100 meters away. I know my measly g36 can't take them all out and I know their backs are turned which gives us the opportunity to move the MGs into place and let them take care of them with zero damage. I sacrifice my own Kill score for the sake of the mission). Teamspeak is perfect for that. I personally find it very distracting and prefer to just use basic INF communication but Ente has proven to me the value of actual vocal communication. I'm going to buy a headset this week and give it a try.

That was one of the BEST firefights I ever had in Inf Coop and of ANY game I've ever played.

For those that participated in that firefight, I hope you realize why Psych, Stink and others are pushing so hard for loadout restrictions. If it means we get more moments like that than it's totally worth the glitches and inconvenience.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Another Infiltration Forum Forum Index -> Infiltration Coop All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: