Another Infiltration Forum Forum Index Another Infiltration Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ideas & Suggestions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Another Infiltration Forum Forum Index -> Infiltration Coop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EGM<P>

PostPosted: 2008-06-06 12:38:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carpetsmoker wrote:
Quote:
Do military boots really do such a loud and clean noise like a step-shoe?

I know for a fact that Dutch ones don't.

ha it would certainly piss me off, if my position would be given away by shoe noise, at night sounds usually travel further because alot of daytime background noise isnt there, so you could hear people walking over hundreds of meters, stealthy behavior becomes a necessaty then
EGM<P>

PostPosted: 2008-06-06 12:42:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

this kinda reminds of the boots from WW2 used by the wehrmacht they had steel nails or so under the sole, made alot of noise.
absolutely not stealthy Very Happy
Snakeye

PostPosted: 2008-06-06 14:43:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time for a short context switch:

I got to work on the M4A1improvements mutator (still without official permission - so don't expect this on a server anytime soon) and found a backup irons aim position that seems acceptable to me. It's shown in the pictures below:
- the first indicates the point of aim using backup irons.
- the next four show the impact of the bullet when aiming with irons. You'll notice, that the impact wanders up with range, which most probably is due to the shift of line-of-sight - I'm not sure if I could correct this and even less sure I actually want to, since at close range it works fine, and if you're not using your ACOG at ranges above 50m you probably should have taken irons in the first place.
- the last four pictures show the (unchanged - I admit I was a tad nervous about this) point of impact when aiming with the ACOG. All deviation from the exact center are caused by poor marksmanship of mine Mr. Green.

On a sidenote I must admit that exchanging a weapon (with attachments, that is) is a lot more pain in the ass than I thought at first, but I'm pretty sure I now found a way, that eliminates most problems and yields the expected results.

"This is a quasi-pleasant day. Almost not bad. Almost not bad at all..." Jon, 04.03.2009

AimView for Backup Irons on M4 with ACOG. Impact, Irons, 15m Impact, Irons, 25m Impact, Irons, 50m Impact, Irons, 100m Impact, Scope, 15m Impact, Scope, 25m Impact, Scope, 50m Impact, Scope, 100m
Psychomorph

PostPosted: 2008-06-06 22:45:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good enough for me. Maybe the backup sight aim could have the gun closer to eye?

What weapon position value did you use?
Snakeye

PostPosted: 2008-06-07 06:39:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psychomorph wrote:
Looks good enough for me. Maybe the backup sight aim could have the gun closer to eye?

Shouldn't be a problem, though that will make the view more obstructed.

Psychomorph wrote:
What weapon position value did you use?

Uhm, weapon position value? If this is the variable called AimView then it's basically the same as in Carpets original release just a tad higher, and a slight touch to the right IIRC. Otherwise: weapon position value? (in case you thought I'm a competent modder this delusion is now taken from you Mr. Green)

Edit: The variable is of course called AimViewOffset. The values used are: (X=-0.350,Y=0.040,Z=0.260). The pictures below indicate a change of the X-Variable, the first being -350, the second -400 and the third -450.

"This is a quasi-pleasant day. Almost not bad. Almost not bad at all..." Jon, 04.03.2009

Iron sight view (X -350) Iron sight view (X -400) Iron sight view (X -450)
Carpetsmoker

PostPosted: 2008-06-07 10:35:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

EGM<P> wrote:
Carpetsmoker wrote:
Quote:

ha it would certainly piss me off, if my position would be given away by shoe noise, at night sounds usually travel further because alot of daytime background noise isnt there, so you could hear people walking over hundreds of meters, stealthy behavior becomes a necessaty then

Actually, this is because the wind is different, during the daytime the sun heats the ground and air, causing the air to rise and then go sideways.
During night, the air cools, and goes down and then sideways (along the ground).

This is why sounds are louder during the night.
EGM<P>

PostPosted: 2008-06-08 10:53:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carpetsmoker wrote:
Actually, this is because the wind is different, during the daytime the sun heats the ground and air, causing the air to rise and then go sideways.
During night, the air cools, and goes down and then sideways (along the ground).

ehm the environment in wich you are is also a big factor and of course the actual weather conditions may affect the sound level too
Psychomorph

PostPosted: 2008-07-06 11:26:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carpetsmoker wrote:
EGM<P> wrote:
Carpetsmoker wrote:
Quote:

Sounds are also traveling further when cold, that's why in cold mornings in the desert you'd be heared farther away.
Psychomorph

PostPosted: 2008-07-06 11:30:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

TODO entry

We descussed with Carpetsmoker, that the real P90 has a build in laser, which could be coded into the game.

We also discussed that it maybe would be possible to shorten the charging handle pull on the P90 after a dry reload, which takes longer than necessary.
spm1138

PostPosted: 2008-07-06 12:23:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do they all have a built in laser?

I thought it was just the P90LV and IR that had lasers (visible light and infra red respectively)?

PostPosted: 2008-07-06 20:31:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

From wikipedia (Yeah, I'm lazy):

Quote:
The firearm is produced in several variants. All of them can mount certain optional accessories such as tactical slings, empty case collector bags, bayonets, visible and infrared laser aiming modules (LAM) and tactical flashlights.
[...]
The P90 LV and P90 IR add an integrated visible laser pointer or infrared pointer respectively. Both units are manufactured by the Australian company Laserex Technologies. The lasers have three internal settings: "off", to prevent accidental activation, "low-intensity", for combat training and extended battery life, and "high-intensity" - for maximum visibility. The laser's power switch is a green button located under the trigger grip. The battery compartment is located below this button.
Stogie

PostPosted: 2008-07-18 22:47:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all

I`m new to this forum, but i`ve played with some off you on the Coop2 server. I should take more time to play INF, it`s always fun with you
I have a suggestion for a new INF version:
INF 2.9.1
INF 2.9 ( or an Update ) with all mutators (especially M60 Mut Very Happy ) and Fixes that have been realesed after Ver. 2.9

And one important question, i`ve seen 2 INF screenshots where it shows an MG74/MG3 and a L85 (can`t remember where i saw that sry Sad ). Where do i find those Weapon Muts plz ??????

Greets Stogie
Chuckus

PostPosted: 2008-07-23 04:35:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's up guys,

been a while Very Happy I just wanted to request that stink add the other cadpat uniforms to the server packages. I got bored with the one I've been using all this time and I just realized the other more relish looking one is more accurate than the one I've been using Razz
Snakeye

PostPosted: 2008-07-23 05:50:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stogie wrote:
And one important question, i`ve seen 2 INF screenshots where it shows an MG74/MG3 and a L85 (can`t remember where i saw that sry Sad ). Where do i find those Weapon Muts plz ??????

As per my "knowledge" there are no such weapon mutators. I remember a L85 being in a late development state but with no real chance of it ever being finished. As for a MG3 I never even heard one was being made.

Stinkmarder
[JgKdo]

PostPosted: 2008-07-23 12:44:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuckus wrote:
I just wanted to request that stink add the other cadpat uniforms

Other cadpats? Link please.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Another Infiltration Forum Forum Index -> Infiltration Coop All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 13 of 15

Jump to: