Another Infiltration Forum Forum Index Another Infiltration Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where does your nickname come from?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Another Infiltration Forum Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carpetsmoker

PostPosted: 2008-04-24 23:22:41    Post subject: Where does your nickname come from? Reply with quote

I used to chat a lot with ICQ, and there was this one guy from Australia, he always said "You've been smoking to many socks" or "Stop smoking socks" whenever I made some joke or said something that didn't make sense (Which was quite often since I was 14 and my English was not very good).
I don't remember how or when this whole socksmoking thing exactly started..

In any case, one time I replied with "No, I stopped smoking socks, I smoke carpets now".
I already used the nickname "Socksmoker" in a few places, but I liked the sound of Carpetsmoker better, and gradually replaced my previous nickname(s) with it...

So, this is it, I hope you guys will QUIT WHINING now...
Psychomorph

PostPosted: 2008-04-25 00:04:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rugsmoker.
Biene_Maja

PostPosted: 2008-04-25 08:17:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

The little brother (he was 2) from my first boyfriend couldn't speak my real name. So he said Maja to me. And because I like cartoons I use Biene_Maja. Maja is a little bee (Biene) in a german tv cartoon. I like this cartoon! Very Happy http://www.diebienemaja.de/
spm1138

PostPosted: 2008-05-08 20:38:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soap MacTavish is the main d00d from CoD4. Ingame he murders around 4000 terrorists and russians. That's pretty badass.

spm1138 doesn't mean anything. It's just been my log-on for everything since the 90's.

PostPosted: 2008-05-08 22:04:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

spm1138 wrote:
That's pretty badass.

Not as bad ass as his mustache, right? Anyway, welcome.

My nick has to do with the holy "Alien and(aka versus) Predator" Universe.

Psycho(psychedelic as the alien creature is surreal in its way of existence and psychology)morph(Xenomorph, the scientific classification of the alien creature, which basically says nothing as there is nothing to say about the alien creature surreal as it is). Actually it must be Psychemorph, but it doesn't sound as "bad ass" and people wouldn't get the higher philosophy of the matter.

By the way:
http://infiltration.forum.cerberon.net/viewtopic.php?p=648#648
Snakeye

PostPosted: 2008-05-09 10:10:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

spm1138 wrote:
Soap MacTavish

so YOU are soap - I've been constantly wondering who "that guy" is, since he seemed "familiar".

Since almost everybody here already knows where my nicks(s) come from [Mk82HD "Snakeye" is a 500lbs dumb high-drag aircraft bomb in the unlikely case someone didn't know and actually is interested] I might want to comment on why I use the different names for forums and servers - since I usually find it strange when people use different nicks.

When I started playing online - on the university a couple of friends abused a few university PCs to play Day of Defeat and *shrug* CounterStrike and asked me one day if I'd like to join - I was in a small dilemma, since I liked my forum nick, but didn't want to use it as newbie. So I used the pseudonym Mk82HD, since it meant basially the same, and planned to switch to Snakeye once I got some "skill"; it can be debated wether or not I ever achived to get "skill", but one day we were (sadly) playing on a CS server - we mostly played DoD, which was pretty fun to me, I never really got into CS - and after hearing the usual CS 1337 bunny hopper (YES it was the WORST kind of CS server) crap like "you suck" one of the über-1337 CS pros told me "Mk82HD I don't get your name". He had assumed (wrongly) it was some pathetic 1337 speak abomination - I guess that's when I thought "if it pisses off CS players, then it must be fine". Well, as evident I never switched to Snakeye when playing online - if you can't beat them, you can at least confuse them Mr. Green

"This is a quasi-pleasant day. Almost not bad. Almost not bad at all..." Jon, 04.03.2009
EGM<P>

PostPosted: 2008-05-11 20:11:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

EGM are my initials the <P> is the peacemaker tag from the <P> clan, i also go by the nick EGM<NL>E
EGM are again my initials the <NL> stands for Netherlands, the E stands for my home city ENSCHEDE
i came to use these tags because all cool names were already used in one way or another Very Happy
Chuckus

PostPosted: 2008-05-12 00:01:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use various mutations of the word Chuck.

Chuckus, Chuckles, CHiznackles, Worchestershirechuckles. Not that complicated.

Although sometimes I go by the name Oprah and that story is one I keep for close friends. It involves a television, mayonnaise and whole lot of Astroglide anal lube.
zeep

PostPosted: 2008-07-08 13:37:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

My real name mispronounced in papiamento and/or spanish means 'soap'. One time i was introduced to a group of people from a record company who originated from the dutch antilles and one of them heard my name wrong and said (translated from dutch) "what? your name is soap?". Everybody laughed and since then most people i know call me zeep.
Ente

PostPosted: 2008-07-08 20:35:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, I live in a village and having a nickname in that village is pretty normal... afaik everyone here has a nickname... when i was born i "inherited" my nick (Ente is german for "duck") from my father, who is also called Ente and I'm pretty sure once I will be father, my child will also be called Ente Very Happy but my "game-nick" is only in INF Ente. in other games I call myselfe "HollaDasFedervieh" according to the german skat-quote "Holla die Waldfee"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Another Infiltration Forum Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: