Another Infiltration Forum Forum Index Another Infiltration Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Left4Dead

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Another Infiltration Forum Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spm1138

PostPosted: 2008-12-01 01:43:34    Post subject: Left4Dead Reply with quote

So is anyone else playing it?

I figured you guys would be all over it.

The one downside is players on public servers make me wish I was playing with you lot Laughing

PostPosted: 2008-12-01 17:58:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to, but I do not have a machine to run it yet. You know I will be getting a new machine for Sky Gods (DX3, Aliens, etc), but it won't be this year, but somewhere around Q1 2009.

Sad
ICBM

PostPosted: 2008-12-01 19:26:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erm..

Crosshairs, Humor, stupid weapon sounds, floating ice movement, only 4 scenarios, dumb bot AI, dual weapons, no headshot only kills with zombies, lame 'mutated' zombies, and even worse....fast movers! Blah, that is pissing on Romero's heritage.

Why the hell can't there be a realistic zombie survival game, the possibilities are endless. Instead we are given these 'humoristic' type of zombie games. Sad

I do not shoot with my hand, He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. I shoot with my mind.

I do not kill with my gun, He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father. I kill with my heart."
spm1138

PostPosted: 2008-12-01 19:46:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Realistic zombie game? Laughing

Headshots do count.

PostPosted: 2008-12-01 22:33:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, try and compare it with INF COOP then, realistic weapons and physics, against Unreal 1 monsters.

//Shameless zombienerding//
And well, about zombies. At least that isn't as far fetched as stupid aliens or mutated beast xxxx. How about a destructive contact transferring virus that feed on brain (does exict) and in particulair the part where human reason and memory resides. And there you have it, a human with extreme agression and who only things about food/killing etc without self preservation.

*Has the urge to read World War Z again*
Cool

I do not shoot with my hand, He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. I shoot with my mind.

I do not kill with my gun, He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father. I kill with my heart."
spm1138

PostPosted: 2008-12-02 14:40:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a fun, not very serious game.

They have both quick and slow zombies to mix up the gameplay.

Just the slow shuffling kind would get boring.

If you're too much of a realism snob to enjoy it for what it is, good for you Razz

PostPosted: 2008-12-03 07:18:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

ICBM wrote:
And well, about zombies. At least that isn't as far fetched as stupid aliens or mutated beast xxxx. How about a destructive contact transferring virus that feed on brain (does exict) and in particulair the part where human reason and memory resides. And there you have it, a human with extreme agression and who only things about food/killing etc without self preservation.

Uhm, how is such a virus more realistic than aliens or mutations? Granted, the probability of having a mutation disabling reason and memory is a tad smaller than having a virus doing the same, but I'd rate aliens a tad higher, given the sheer size of the universe; space travelling aliens wanting to destroy mankind is a tad different though.

In any case having a virus/disease only attack those parts of the brain is rather unlikely - most if not all brain diseases that primarily affect certain brain functions (e.g. Alzheimer) will inevitably lead to decay of the entire body, especially when the subject isn't on proper treatment. Also just disabling human reason (if this is even possible as such) won't produce aggressive behavior - you'd need a bit more for that, perhaps a defect that causes adrenaline overproduction. Still such an individual won't resemble a zombie for two main reasons. One they still are humans and as such killable as any other human (given their likely worse overall health state even easier) - no headshot, just take a nice burst center mass and they're down, while zombies can ONLY be finally killed by destroying the brain IIRC. The second difference to zombies would be, that such an individual won't be differing between ordinary humans and other "zombies" and attack any of those if hungry or just feeling like killing something, thus quarantining the infected area and waiting a few weeks would do the trick.

ICBM wrote:
*Has the urge to read World War Z again*

Yeah, that's a classic - it's almost as if it all had really happened Mr. Green

"This is a quasi-pleasant day. Almost not bad. Almost not bad at all..." Jon, 04.03.2009
Shadow

PostPosted: 2008-12-10 01:34:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the game. It's always intense. Mowing down zombies with a full automatic M16 is epic.
Carpetsmoker

PostPosted: 2009-02-09 17:12:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

The idea is nice, a zombie survival game like the Living Dead movies ... I like zombie movies, brrrriiaaaaannnsssss!

But this game sucks ...
Snakeye

PostPosted: 2009-02-09 18:05:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carpetsmoker wrote:
.. brrrriiaaaaannnsssss! ..

Phew, I can stop being afraid of zombies, if they want Brians - I always thought they want Brains. Wait, I also didn't have a reason to be afraid of zombies in that case. Hmm, do zombie chicks have lower standards than non-undead women Confused

"This is a quasi-pleasant day. Almost not bad. Almost not bad at all..." Jon, 04.03.2009
Chuckus

PostPosted: 2009-05-14 05:18:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

this threads a bit dead but what the hell.

I posted this on the info forums.

I found a neat zombie mod called killing grounds. The mutie for the original game is borked but I found out that monsterspawn can call up the zombies and effectively do the same thing.

SO right now i've got the mutator running on eas maps and it has some potential to be a great game type.

I'll upload the zip file for monster mutator and the zombie killing ground mod for you to try offline.

After trying the mutie, would someone be able to create a dynamic take and secure game mode where you have 5 minutes to get to a randomly generated flag, set up defences and survive a set time period where zombies spawn and simply crash your defences. They would have to spawn anywhere on the map away from the flag and be able to go from point a to point b.

I've tried it on some open maps and the AI on the zombies seem to be able to home in on players from across a map provided there aren't any major obstacles. Intertesting coding since the zombies seem to be able to jump over anything including trucks to get at you lol. They get stuck sometimes but it's definitely one of the better zombie mods for UT.

They also seem strangely attracted to the CD on EAS maps. Kinda interesting. make sure to try it on open field maps so the zombies can get a clear view of you. What's also interesting some will wander randomly if no target sighted as opposed to other zombie games where they remain dormant.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/zombie-killing-grounds

This is the zombie mod. Pretty **** on it's own

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/napali/mods.html

Monster spawn is here. Replace the default monsterspawn ini with the one I provided and start the mutie in an eas local game and go for it[url][/url]

MonsterSpawn.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  MonsterSpawn.rar
 Filesize:  2.39 KB
 Downloaded:  996 Time(s)

Shadow

PostPosted: 2009-05-14 19:39:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes and yes. Those models are from killing floor! Looks very good! Are the spacemarines on the angelfire site spawnable friendlies? They would be great for defending our spawn area.
Chuckus

PostPosted: 2009-05-15 16:34:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh. Well the original gametype appears to be an alpha version for killing floor (I found that afterwards. It's a great "poor mans Left 4 Dead".

However the models are really crap and the weapons handling is sub par. The weapons are from that old mod agent x which was a half hearted attempt to recreate goldeneye in UT.

The Zombies are created as bots rather than scripted PAwns So they benefit from a little boost in behaviour.

To try the game by itself, open unreal tournament and it is its own game type.

There's nothing more fun than settign up a complex web of claymores and watching the lambs march to the slaughter until the claymores run out, your m60 jams and your pistol runs out of ammo Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Another Infiltration Forum Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: