Another Infiltration Forum Forum Index Another Infiltration Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Questions about setup...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Another Infiltration Forum Forum Index -> Infiltration Coop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Corky

PostPosted: 2010-04-22 20:32:32    Post subject: Questions about setup... Reply with quote

Code:
 Hi, I decided to try out INF again, and I saw that you guys made the coop mode work! I really want to play this with you guys, but I'm unsure of a few things:

1. Will it work on STEAM? I have the retail version of UT99GOTY, but I don't have a copy of Unreal. Can I just buy both on STEAM, or do I have to search for an ancient game?

2. I need a little help with installing the .ini files for the mutators and stuff. I'm not sure how to do it exactly.

3. Couldn't someone make it easier to do a lot of these downloads by just putting them together in an RAR?

Corky

PostPosted: 2010-04-24 23:16:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone here?
Snakeye

PostPosted: 2010-04-25 16:56:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corky wrote:
Anyone here?

Apparently not.

Corky wrote:
1. Will it work on STEAM? I have the retail version of UT99GOTY, but I don't have a copy of Unreal. Can I just buy both on STEAM, or do I have to search for an ancient game?

2. I need a little help with installing the .ini files for the mutators and stuff. I'm not sure how to do it exactly.

3. Couldn't someone make it easier to do a lot of these downloads by just putting them together in an RAR?

1. No idea, but since you need the Unreal files on your PC and I assume Steam will provide you with those, I don't see why it shouldn't work - also if you buy Unreal on Steam and it doesn't work, I assume it would me morally (not sure about legally) acceptable to warez the Unreal CD. Also IIRC you can play the COOP servers with custom mappacks without Unreal installed - you'll still need UT..

2. The readme files usually tell you what goes where. In general *.ini, *.u and *.int belong into [UT]\System, *.utx into [UT]\Textures, *.uax into [UT]\Sounds, *.umx into [UT]\Music and *.unr into [UT]\Maps; with[UT] being your UnrealTournament installation directory.

3. There's the 2.9CE for Inf and a lot of mutators, but it's not completely up to date so you'll end up having to download some newer mutators separately - there's rumors of an updated CE being released anytime "soon".

"This is a quasi-pleasant day. Almost not bad. Almost not bad at all..." Jon, 04.03.2009
Corky

PostPosted: 2010-05-01 01:40:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for helping me out, snake.

What I meant by the files is the .upak and .ini files that show up as text when I click on them. How do I use them?
Snakeye

PostPosted: 2010-05-03 06:14:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

As mentioned *.ini should go into [UT]\System. Not sure about *.upak - you sure it's not upak.u? Perhaps you could be a tad more specific which files (exact names, from which mutator)?

"This is a quasi-pleasant day. Almost not bad. Almost not bad at all..." Jon, 04.03.2009
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Another Infiltration Forum Forum Index -> Infiltration Coop All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: