Another Infiltration Forum Forum Index Another Infiltration Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why i don't like to play coop much anymore
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Another Infiltration Forum Forum Index -> Infiltration Coop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stinkmarder
[JgKdo]

PostPosted: 2008-03-11 17:37:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started a thread with some guidelines for tactical playing. But that's not very polished yet. I hope that many will contribute to it.

One thing not mentioned yet is to enforce a more realistic game style by changing the server rules.

1.) I don't like the unlimited respawns. I'd like to have few (max 3) or no respawns. When all players have used up all their lifes, monsters win and the map is restarted.

2.) I don't like the unlimited ammo we have at the moment.
I'd like have a realistic bulk system.

3.) I don't like that we get fresh equipment on each map start and respawn. Instead I'd like to carry all my stuff from the first map of the pack to the last. Of course, this would need another source of resupplies. One idea would be to place ammo depots in secret places in the maps (leftover from other humans).

But before implementing 1.) we need to get rid of all unavoidable deaths, like monsters occupying the player start, etc.
Carpetsmoker

PostPosted: 2008-03-11 17:45:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

A requirement for having a realistic bulk system would be having realistic enemies.
The two main problems right now are:
- You need to hit them 5-8 times, and in the case of warlords/titans even 50-100 times.
- Enemies run towards you with incredible speed to engage in melee attacks once they see you.
Stinkmarder
[JgKdo]

PostPosted: 2008-03-11 18:15:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carpetsmoker wrote:
A requirement for having a realistic bulk system would be having realistic enemies.

Hm. I usually carry 330 rounds of 5.56mm or 220 rounds of 7.62mm with me which is enough for most (not all) maps when playing with 2-3 players. (yes, with zero deaths)
This should easily fit in a backpack.
Snakeye

PostPosted: 2008-03-11 19:00:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I have to agree with Carpet here. Having 300 rounds of 5.56x45 might be enough for some maps, supposing you have a good aim and/or use semi/burst instead of full-auto - and assuming you use every mag to the last round, since making tactical reloads reduces your easily available ammo - and I personally don't like the choice between having too little rounds in the mag for the next engagement and having too little rounds in the mag five or six engagements later. IF you could double-tap-kill almost any enemy with a FAL it might be reasonable, but right now even Krall need 3 7.62x51s fired by a FAL. The point is, you might be able to play this game in a tactical realistic way, but not in a completely realistic way - Skaarj, Krall and the like do not use realistic weapons, movement or even spotting. Also for a truly "realistic" bulk system you might have to rewrite the whole Inf bulk system, since it's not realistic to start with.

Quote:
3.) I don't like that we get fresh equipment on each map start and respawn. Instead I'd like to carry all my stuff from the first map of the pack to the last. Of course, this would need another source of resupplies. One idea would be to place ammo depots in secret places in the maps (leftover from other humans).

This might seem like a good idea, but given the fact that the ammount of players and the weapons they use is not fixed, I doubt you'll find a good way to give the right mix and ammount of ammo per "stash" (yeah, I know, too much STALKER lately). Basically I'd fear you end up with a WAL-MARTesque stash having ammo for each weapon in-game and sufficent of it to equip a squad of 4-6 using the same weapon. Now that's something I'd call an immersion breaker - unless you find a more convincing story how it ended up there than "some humans lost it."

Quote:
But before implementing 1.) we need to get rid of all unavoidable deaths, like monsters occupying the player start, etc.

With all due respect, Sir, if possible I'd get rid of spawn-camping asshole monsters even if the limited death system was not introduced - though I'd like a limited death system too Very Happy.
*Firebird*

PostPosted: 2008-03-13 11:29:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stinkmarder wrote:
1.) I don't like the unlimited respawns. I'd like to have few (max 3) or no respawns. When all players have used up all their lifes, monsters win and the map is restarted.

I like the unlimited respawns, because often the monsters are less problem for me than certain jumps or something like that.
No, I donīt want it easier! I want to learn handle these stuff, but that often needs lifes.
What I really donīt like is, that most people who died always reconnect. Not only because it causes lags in some maps but rather because they donīt accept the time they have to wait for their new life without reconnect as a little punishment for their dead Exclamation

Furthermore I think there would be some problems for implementation, if you really want to limit the respawns. For example: Should players who lost their 3 lifes canīt play anymore? Whatīs about fresh checking in players? Isnīt another Soldiername a guarantee for new lifes than? Whats about Teamkills? I think not only the killed person should lost life in this case. Maybe let it count a half life for the dead person and a half life for the shooter, due to the fact that most time both maked a mistake.

All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure. Mark Twain (1835-1910)

Our team is well balanced. - We have problems everywhere. Tommy Prothro (since 1941)
*Firebird*

PostPosted: 2008-03-16 14:49:12    Post subject: Ubuntu for Coop Reply with quote

While surfing on internet I found that Mr. Green :

The word "ubuntu" comes to us from the Nguni language of Southern Africa. Ubuntu, meaning personhood, embraces the virtues of goodwill, sharing, generosity, hospitality, friendship and compassion, and it can be used to describe a person who has these qualities. If we wish to praise someone, we say "Yu, u nobuntu", which means he or she has ubuntu.
Ubuntu embraces the belief that individually we cannot prosper, that only through interaction within our community do we become a complete being. The phrases "only through people do we become a person" and "I am a person through other people" capture the essence of ubuntu - that there are enough resources for everyone if we learn to protect and share them, and that only through caring can we survive.

So, Ubuntu!!!

All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure. Mark Twain (1835-1910)

Our team is well balanced. - We have problems everywhere. Tommy Prothro (since 1941)

Snakeye

PostPosted: 2008-03-16 17:54:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Firebird* wrote:
The word "ubuntu" comes to us from the Nguni language of Southern Africa.

Pheeew, at first I though this would end up as Linux ad Mr. Green

*Firebird* wrote:
Ubuntu, meaning personhood, embraces the virtues of goodwill, sharing, generosity, hospitality, friendship and compassion, and it can be used to describe a person who has these qualities. If we wish to praise someone, we say "Yu, u nobuntu", which means he or she has ubuntu.
Ubuntu embraces the belief that individually we cannot prosper, that only through interaction within our community do we become a complete being.

I'll think about it next time I meet a Skaarj - if he starts shooting I'll say "Now that's not Ubuntu! Why can't we just get along? Ehh, whatever, DIE SQUISHI SKAARJ SCUM!" *empties 30rd DMC7 mag into Skaarj and possibly some bystanders*.. Don't get me wrong, but some ideas just don't work in an environment where you're shot at sight (or lured into ambushes by vile natives Evil or Very Mad Yes "nali-who-opened-the-secret-door-behind-which-a-Skaarj-was-waiting" I'm looking in your direction!).

Oh, and yes, I think I understood that that Ubuntu thingie was directed more into the more teamplay part Mr. Green
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Another Infiltration Forum Forum Index -> Infiltration Coop All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: