Another Infiltration Forum Forum Index Another Infiltration Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ideas & Suggestions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Another Infiltration Forum Forum Index -> Infiltration Coop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Funkster

PostPosted: 2008-02-27 11:22:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carpetsmoker wrote:
("Tracer-D1-SD")

I always wondered - and am to lazy to look - about this.. Judging by the very name those are "Tracers"..?!
We certainly use them as offensive incendiary weapons.. Aren't those outlawed by international treaties anyway?!
Snakeye

PostPosted: 2008-02-27 14:30:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carpetsmoker wrote:
You didn't get the question right, I meant if they're being used in real life, not in infiltration.
Infiltration is a realistic game, and the weapons should reflect the weapons that are being used on the battlefield in real life.

Well, thought I got it wrong - a short (and lazy, so dont depend on it)search didn't even show a 40mm incedary, so they might not be in use.

Quote:
I just copied/pasted code from various places and slightly modified it, hardly something one would earn a place on top of Mt. Olympus with...

Godlike AND humble Mr. Green
On a more serious issue: could the same techniques (especially transparent texture) be used to modify the FALs rear sight? How hard is it to modify recoil and make a mini-mutie?
Carpetsmoker

PostPosted: 2008-02-27 16:02:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Modifying the FAL's rear sights should be done by changing the model ... I'm not sure but I don't think that you can export editable models from Unreal packages ... In any case, the easiest solution would be to contact the FAL's author and ask for the original files ...

And another mini-mutator, INF_AimedPistols2, AimedPistols no longer get stuck while swimming and you can turn the whole thing off, see:
http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=175179
Psychomorph

PostPosted: 2008-02-27 16:58:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carpetsmoker, you are a GOD alone by the fact that you actually MADE and RELEASED it!!! May I ask how much time you spent and how "difficult" it was?

A little issue I sadly have, the aperture on the rearsight is a pink texture, not transparent.

It happened that at the first time I switched to the backups, the gun didnt fire. Didn't happen again though.

I think the scope is more steady now compared to other ACOG's in Inf. Did you do something with it, too? If not, a more steady scope would rock (just saying).

I noticed sadly the ACOG M4 has no leaf sight for the M203. Sad

Next thing would rock to have would be a lower (and slightly to the front moved) position of the M4 in mid reloading. And a lower hipped carrying position (but I guess it is just my opinion).

Aside this, it is almost surreal to realize somebody actually did it...
Carpetsmoker

PostPosted: 2008-02-27 17:57:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
A little issue I sadly have, the aperture on the rear sight is a pink texture, not transparent.

Try console command 'flush' (Repeat a few times).
I was afraid something like this might happen, since many people have problems with the infamous black/transparent railings in siberia and some other maps.
I'm not sure which configuration settings affect this ... I don't have any problems ... it seems to be an engine issue (bug?) so I can't fix it ...

Quote:
May I ask how much time you spent and how "difficult" it was?

This is not very hard, all of the code was already present at one place or another, I just copied and modified where necessary.

Quote:
I think the scope is more steady now compared to other ACOG's in Inf. Did you do something with it, too? If not, a more steady scope would rock (just saying).

Yes, I set ScopeKickMod to 0 (was .25).
The G36K mutator also does this.
In inf, scopes always 'kick' (recoil) more, it's a "balance feature" and not realistic.

Quote:
I noticed sadly the ACOG M4 has no leaf sight for the M203.

Well, it would not be very useful, the scope is in the way.

Quote:
Next thing would rock to have would be a lower (and slightly to the front moved) position of the M4 in mid reloading. And a lower hipped carrying position (but I guess it is just my opinion).

Not sure if they can be done easily, as far as I can see you need to export/import the model (?)
In any case, it's not very important IMO ...
Snakeye

PostPosted: 2008-02-27 18:51:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psychomorph wrote:
Carpetsmoker, you are a GOD alone by the fact that you actually MADE and RELEASED it!!!

What he said! Carpetsmoker, you spent your free time to do something for Inf/COOP; that's more than most (including myself) do.

Carpetsmoker wrote:
Modifying the FAL's rear sights should be done by changing the model ... I'm not sure but I don't think that you can export editable models from Unreal packages ... In any case, the easiest solution would be to contact the FAL's author and ask for the original files ...

Yarr, I feared this be the answer! Well, I think I would be able to code, given a sufficient ammount of time, but I 100% suck at modeling and the like Sad

Quote:

Hmm, I solved the black-mesh problem a while ago (think I enabled or disabled something like "masked-texture-hack" somewhere) but I also have the pink-backup-sight problem and flushing didn't help (tried ~15x). Any other idea?

On a sidenote: Perhaps we should start a dedicated thread, since it goes slightly off-topic..
Psychomorph

PostPosted: 2008-02-27 23:39:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carpetsmoker wrote:

Sadly doesn't work.
And the M203 on the M4 suddenly has no texture (just plain black), maybe it is just a glitch I have, or offline bug?

Carpetsmoker wrote:
Yes, I set ScopeKickMod to 0 (was .25).
The G36K mutator also does this.
In inf, scopes always 'kick' (recoil) more, it's a "balance feature" and not realistic.

I actually think recoil is pretty hard through scopes (more sensitive optics have the consequence of more affection by movement, recoil would be the hardest "movement" there), it is more about (arm) stability, the scopes sway so much in Inf, totally uncontrolable.

But I definitely appreciate the change, because the scopes are so much more usefull now.

Carpetsmoker wrote:
Well, it would not be very useful, the scope is in the way.

It isn't much larger in size than a reflex scope (example).

Carpetsmoker wrote:
Psychomorph wrote:

Not sure if they can be done easily, as far as I can see you need to export/import the model (?)
In any case, it's not very important IMO ...

Maybe it requires another class, I don't know. Don't see it as a request or something like that, it is just my personal "wish list", just how I see an optimization of this weapon.

It would not be important for gameplay (while a blocky weapon is a negative aspect), but for realism and quality.
Psychomorph

PostPosted: 2008-03-02 04:32:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carpetsmoker, if you remember my M16A2 reloading posture picture, that is how I imagine to have the M4 aswell (more or less).

reloading posture
Carpetsmoker

PostPosted: 2008-03-02 17:15:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm, Is it just me or does that texture look 300 times better than I remember?
Stinkmarder
[JgKdo]

PostPosted: 2008-03-03 16:03:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snakeye wrote:
But is it absolutely 100% sure the C7 causes lag on COOP2? Or would it be possible to make another try? Did it cause lag on every map or just certain mappacks? Playing with the C7 on COOP1 really makes me miss it in COOP2.

See changelog. C7 on Coop2 seems to run fine at the moment.
Snakeye

PostPosted: 2008-03-03 16:59:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stinkmarder wrote:
See changelog. C7 on Coop2 seems to run fine at the moment.

Already saw it and wanted to thank you a jillion, but obviously I'm not allowed to reply in the changelog thread (probably a good idea Mr. Green)

So thanks a jillion and I keep my fingers crossed it won't cause any troubles on CCOP2 Very Happy
Stinkmarder
[JgKdo]

PostPosted: 2008-03-03 19:53:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snakeye is easy to please Smile
Psychomorph

PostPosted: 2008-03-14 10:37:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carpetsmoker removed the backup sight aim on the M4, because it doesn't work properly. I think even if there is no aperture, you can make it more abstract and use the tip of the rearsight as the rearsight, or even just use the unaimed-shouldered "ready" position. Point is that you can shoulder and fire the M4 without beeing forced to use the scope, perfect for CQB and makes the M4 with acog more of an allround weapon.

But I hope this wont be necessary and you (Carpetsmoker) can get the M4 model.

- - - - - - -

For the case the M4 model can be modified, my points to work on would be:

Model
- Aperture on the rear-backup-sight (obvious).
- Arm position (left arm) like the aimed M16A2 (maybe not best for hipped, but hipped is to low for it to be noticed).
- Little part of the animation (mag slapping) beeing made faster.

Code
- Aimed M4 (iron sight) moved slightly forward (maybe the sights will be to small then, not sure).
- Aimed M4 (reflex sight) moved much more forward so that you can see the charging handle in the bottom (like ironsight view).
- Aimed Reflex Sight having a position where the front sight is lower and the dot is above it (centered in scope, see attached picture).
- The position when reloading more forward and lower (like M16A2).
- Hipped position lower (my personal opinion).

That would be it. My part is to improve the texture.

Carpetsmoker

PostPosted: 2008-03-14 16:48:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Psy, I will add the high-ready feature and most of your other tweaks for the M4A1 except for the AimView positions.
I experimented a bit with them, and I think they look the best as they do now ...

I need to fine-tune hip positions and ACOG size for the M4 ... I will release a new version later ...

Oh, I also fixed the automagiclly apearing M203 ...

Anyway, Updates to other mutators:

AimedPistols 1.1:
http://carpetsmoker.net/infiltration/INF_AimedPistols2-1.1.tar.gz

Changed:
This version actually works online ... O.o

INF_G36KImproved 1.1
http://carpetsmoker.net/infiltration/INF_G36KImproved-1.1.tar.gz

Changed:
o New reticle
o Removed magazine slap when reloading -- Looks a bit ugly-ish, but I really hate that @#$# slap ... Maybe I should add it again?
o Changed hip-position
o G36K now also gets slung to the back

INF_QuickAction 1.0
http://carpetsmoker.net/infiltration/INF_QuickAction-1.0.tar.gz

Configure up to ten different QA keys
Psychomorph

PostPosted: 2008-03-15 17:10:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carpetsmoker wrote:
Ok Psy, I will add the high-ready feature and most of your other tweaks for the M4A1 except for the AimView positions.

Cool!

Why not the aimview positions? Iron sight is fine as it is I guess, but the reflex realistically needs to be more away from the eye I think, at least a bit.

Hmm, what about binocular aimed reflex for M4 (gun moved slightly to the right, dot still visible)?

P.S. Don't hesitate to release a "working" version of your fix to use online (40mm/recoil fix), the position fix can be released later. Wink

Carpetsmoker wrote:
I need to fine-tune hip positions and ACOG size for the M4.

You mean the scope circle size if aiming? What about minimizing the scope freeaim, so that you can not sway it around to much (which I don't like personally).

Carpetsmoker wrote:
INF_G36KImproved 1.1
http://carpetsmoker.net/infiltration/INF_G36KImproved-1.1.tar.gz

Changed:
o New reticle
o Removed magazine slap when reloading -- Looks a bit ugly-ish, but I really hate that @#$# slap ... Maybe I should add it again?
o Changed hip-position
o G36K now also gets slung to the back

Maybe it is a bug, but the hipped position that I get is somewhat weird, the gun is still high but moved way to much backward (see pic).

The removed magslap is a very good step, but it doesn't look "polished" enough, I think for now (as far you can not get your hands on the G36K model) you better keep the slap, if there is no betters olution. Pitty.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Another Infiltration Forum Forum Index -> Infiltration Coop All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 3 of 15

Jump to: