Another Infiltration Forum Forum Index Another Infiltration Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ideas & Suggestions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Another Infiltration Forum Forum Index -> Infiltration Coop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carpetsmoker

PostPosted: 2008-03-15 21:24:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can adjust the positions from the console.

set <class> <variable> <value>

For example:
set CS_WeaponG36K AimViewOffset (X=0)
set CS_WeaponG36K AimViewOffset (Y=0)
set CS_WeaponG36K AimViewOffset (Z=0)

AimViewOffset is for aimview, PlayerViewOffset is for hipview.

You can do this with any weapon, for the M4 use CS_WeaponM4A1 (no att), CS_WeaponM4A1RX (red dot), CS_WeaponM4A1M203 (M203).

If you want a full list of the weapon classes then start INF UnrealEd, open the Actor browser (Pawn icon or View->Actor class browser) and goto Inventory->Weapon->TournamentWeapon->INFc_Weapon
If you want non-standard weapon (i.e. Weaponpack) then you will need to load the .u packages in the actor browser (With open)

So feel free to experiment and report values that work best to me ...
Psychomorph

PostPosted: 2008-03-16 15:30:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you code that feature into the G36K fix, or does it work with all weapons?

Pretty good, but I can't get the fine tuning, just rough positions where nothing looks right, but still interessting.

Psychomorph

PostPosted: 2008-03-18 20:08:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

As said, there is no finetuning (X=0,5 works like 0, only 1 changes the position, way to much). Another problem is that a specific hipped position is good, but it probably wont fit for reloading, which needs an own posture.
EDIT: Whops, not sure if I used the "," or ".", maybe that is the problem, will check back.

Another topic, I never really liked how the reflex dots look, more like a HUD crosshair, not an actual laser dot. I am no expert on reflex sights, but I think it has a slight corona around the lines/dot, is that somehow feasable?

Ente fired the G36, maybe he can tell how the dot looks.
Carpetsmoker

PostPosted: 2008-03-18 20:21:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh, I just played with Ente ... He left ... I will ask him next time I see him ...

And use points, not comma's.
You should be able to specify up to 5 or 6 digits after the point.

Quote:
Did you code that feature into the G36K fix, or does it work with all weapons?

All.
Psychomorph

PostPosted: 2008-03-18 23:15:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, figured out, thanks anyway. Very Happy

Wow, never believed to ever see this...

However, the problem remains, hipped carry position needs a totally different value compared to the hipped reload. I knew this part would be complicated.
I am sure it can be solved by code (When reload initialized, the gun can be moved by code to a new position and back to standart hipped), but as said, more complicated.

Also I would like to try the M4 reflex aimed pos, but with your mutator it always has the M203 with the RX and the cosnole commands do not work (is there a CS_... for RX and M203 in one?).

Psychomorph

PostPosted: 2008-03-19 23:30:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really love it to see the buttstock when reloading, gives me the feel like there is a real weapon beeing held in own hands.
Not to forget that in Infiltration you can manipulate the way you hold a rifle when reloading, you can hold it high and really look at it (about throat/top-chest height), like in the first picture, or you can hold it low and see it in the bottom while the view remains open (center/low-chest height). Of course you can have any position inbetween.

I just love it! Hell, I do!
Though I don't know how good it looks on smaller monitors.

To try it out, use the hipped M4 value Z=-0.6 and X=4. The hipped carry position is totally off then, as said, it needs own values.

Edit: The third picture shows the ready position I would do for iron sights, but it is less of use with the current Infiltration system, though good for scopes, but scopes need different position values because of the larger optic.

*Firebird*

PostPosted: 2008-03-20 01:06:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a little question: Psy what did you do with those hands? They are looking so great. Normally they look ugly as I often see at my Screenies. Is it possible to change hands view generally into that nice one?

All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure. Mark Twain (1835-1910)

Our team is well balanced. - We have problems everywhere. Tommy Prothro (since 1941)

Nice hands Ugly hands
Psychomorph

PostPosted: 2008-03-25 01:17:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firebird, the "nice" hands you show in the screenshot are the first person hands, while the "ugly" hands are third person. The most you could do is to change the texture that covers the hands, but that wouldn't really improve anything.
Leo(T.C.K.)

PostPosted: 2008-03-26 00:50:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, why are you running seven bullets? It is tvcoop based agmetpye and sometimes need these codes to be typed, without fix mutator the episode is useless to run.

Ask Cardilogist, he runs a coop with 3 which got it fixed, well in fact these codes are being ignored after.

Like you need to type password for some door etc and you are stuck, same with xidia and ONP.
Psychomorph

PostPosted: 2008-03-26 03:08:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

We play 7B always with Stinkmarder, because it is impossible without admin.

--------

Now that is a nice pos!

*Firebird*

PostPosted: 2008-03-26 03:17:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx for Info, Psy. I didnīt ever see my hands like this before. Maybe because I use another weapon...

All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure. Mark Twain (1835-1910)

Our team is well balanced. - We have problems everywhere. Tommy Prothro (since 1941)
Leo(T.C.K.)

PostPosted: 2008-03-26 15:54:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way: The normal server is stuck at map end.....didn't I say long ago to sitnkmarder to use dzmapm plus that mut and suggestions I gave him? It would really fix most of bugs and would not get stuck at outro maps, and zombie's cmapfix (another mut I posted at other thread) fixes many custom maps as well.

Also there is that annoying bug of skaarjtroopers cannot fire, that is either inf related or that monster multiplier messes things up. Why do you run that mutator? it can make map stuck( and often does) when it spawns some monsters badly.
Stinkmarder
[JgKdo]

PostPosted: 2008-03-26 19:11:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leo(T.C.K.) wrote:
By the way: The normal server is stuck at map end.....

Doesn't seem to be stuck, ppl are playing at the moment.
You know that you can vote maps?

Quote:
didn't I say long ago to sitnkmarder to use dzmapm plus that mut and suggestions I gave him? It would really fix most of bugs and would not get stuck at outro maps, and zombie's cmapfix (another mut I posted at other thread) fixes many custom maps as well.

I had that dzmapm mutator you sent me installed but it did not work. It's currently not installed.

Quote:
Also there is that annoying bug of skaarjtroopers cannot fire, that is either inf related or that monster multiplier messes things up.

Revoting the map usually fixes it. Dunno why.

Quote:
Why do you run that mutator?

Guess why.... ppl want more monsters Wink

Quote:
it can make map stuck( and often does) when it spawns some monsters badly.

Really? Never happend to me. Which map?
Only annoying thing is that it spawns monsters too close to the player spawn points.
Leo(T.C.K.)

PostPosted: 2008-03-26 19:59:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

That mutator will work, but you must read the readme carefully. Btw that my mutator works when it is on serverpackages too, but dzmapm must not be in serevrpackages to work btw.
What was command for mapvote? Anyway you can avoid it being travelled to it by dzmapm.
Psychomorph

PostPosted: 2008-03-26 22:01:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Swimming

Improved "water handling" would improve gameplay very much. I have some ideas.

Swimming

In Infiltration you can swim with a weapon in hands, which gets sort of deselected after some time. I would like to have both ways manually controlable with an impact on your behavior:

1) You can swim underwater with your weapon in hands and it will never be deselected, but the swimming speed is slowed down a bit (with a knife/pistol it is faster than with a rifle, but still slowed down).

2) When under water, pressing the aim key can deselect the weapon (empty hands) and you get the maximum swimming speed. Pressing the aim key again (underwater), or stepping out of water selects the weapon back in hands.

3) In Infiltration if you are on top of water (head above water) and you do not move you start to sink.
It have to be so, that if you are on top you do not sink, but keep the height, having such a position you can tap the aim key and the weapon will be pointed forward (hipped, not aimed), that way you can fire above water (not under).
Having a position like this you slowly start to sink and if you sunk under water or start to swim on you own, the weapon gets back into the sideways swimming position (man would that solve problems).
Fireing a rifle above water would have increased recoil.

Breather

Curently the breather activates automatically when in water, but it has to be manually controlable only.
That would have an advantage, you could swim under water with held breath and activate the breather later, would extend your air supply under water. Or you could even take few breaths and deactivate the breather, till you need air again, would extend the air supply drastically.

Currently the problem (bug, glitch?) is that if you deactivate the breather underwater you instantly start to drown, that need to be fixed accordingly.

The breather sound sucks, need to be changed.

@Teleporting

Got a freaky idea. What if we capture some alien technology, a compact teleporter.
The function is, that it needs two units to work, a "sender" and a "receiver". Both units can act as a sender or receiver, it just depends on where you want to go. The sender transforms every beeing in near range into energy and sends it as a beam into the sky (incl. Skaarj, what a fun!), the beam gets transfered to the coordinates of the receiver and the energy beam will be lead to it (back from the sky), the receiver transforms the energy back into what it was before (mostly).

Everybody can carry one of these units, the more units united together, the more transporter range, though there is a minimum range limit that makes it impossible to use this transporter system on close ranges, it is a long range transporter system and could be used only on extreme big maps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Another Infiltration Forum Forum Index -> Infiltration Coop All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 4 of 15

Jump to: