Another Infiltration Forum Forum Index Another Infiltration Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Favorite Weaponry

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Another Infiltration Forum Forum Index -> Infiltration Coop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Psychomorph

PostPosted: 2008-01-24 00:12:42    Post subject: Favorite Weaponry Reply with quote

What is your favorite weapon in Infiltration co-op?

Currently using G36K and HK69 combo, M9 sidegun, one Claymore, few Grenades and Colored Smoke Grenades.
Snakeye

PostPosted: 2008-01-24 07:38:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, though one..

Basically C7, M9, Nades and Clays would be my favourite - if the C7 would be on COOP1 (hint, hint!).

Right now I usually go with AKM+VOG25, M9, Nades and Clays - But I recently rediscovered my "old love" the SIG551 again, so usually switch between those loadouts.

If I'm alone on the server I usually have a high capacity weapon, AKM+Drum or M60/M249; though I try to go more with 30rd mags again since the ammount of ammo I usually carry with drums/belts leads to a wasting behavior from my side - one mag per enemy is bad enough on 30rd mags, on drums and belts it's beyond overkill Rolling Eyes
Alo_08[JgKdo]
INFanterist

PostPosted: 2008-01-24 16:21:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redeemer!

PostPosted: 2008-01-25 16:11:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favourite weapon does not exist. I need an all in one weapon with big destroying power, lot of shots, less recoil, grenade launcher, flashlight, suppressor, and an aim where you can choose if you want to use scope or not. But I think such one still isnīt invented. Wink

All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure. Mark Twain (1835-1910)

Our team is well balanced. - We have problems everywhere. Tommy Prothro (since 1941)
Psychomorph

PostPosted: 2008-01-25 16:26:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Firebird* wrote:
But I think such one still isnīt invented. Wink

It is.

It just didn't made it's way to Inf. Sad
Snakeye

PostPosted: 2008-05-19 22:13:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

I somehow felt this thread needed fresh input (or it's because I'm playing a necromancy specialized wizard in NWN2 now, or because I'm drunk..) - anyway, I found that my attitude changed quite a bit since I wrote that last post.

In between I basically had two phases. The Pre-Restricion phase (now revived on XploDs server Mr. Green) of going with an AR and a SMG/Shotgun - and a healthy tad of M67s and Clays, not to forget door breaching charges - THEY are fun Very Happy. It provides me with quite a nice versatility.

The second phase is the real-life phase - using loadouts quite close to what real soldiers carry into battle (I read about a Vietnam soldier recently, that was said to have carried the equivalent of 50(!) M16A1 20rds mags, because he had been in a two day firefight with NO resupply! I guess my 10 to 15 30rd mags fit nicely - also I started carrying assistant MG loadouts today - 10 30rds, a light main weapon (SIG551/AKMSU/Hk416 - NO attachments) and 3-4 boxes of M249/M60 ammo. Too sad I didn't have any situation by now where a machine gunner actually needed ammo Sad..

Basically I'm a "change whore" - I recently went to use the LoadoutManager - with COOPr(restricted), CCOPu(unrestricted), TDM and FUN - all together 49 loadouts and counting..

How did your loadout/favorite weapons change?

"This is a quasi-pleasant day. Almost not bad. Almost not bad at all..." Jon, 04.03.2009
Psychomorph

PostPosted: 2008-05-20 00:28:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have only realism loadouts, few classical player vs. player, few textre testing and the rest are co-op.

Currently using FAMAS and have fun with it (can't wait for it to become black!!!). I have 16 magazines for every rifle (10 mags if carrying 10 40mm's), 5 magazines for the pistol (switched to Mk23 lately) and 4 grenades, other items are one clay and 2 signal smokes. I have full stamina (the grenadier loadout has just slightly less than full stamina).
spm1138

PostPosted: 2008-05-27 15:47:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seem to recall that "standard" magazine load for LRRPs in Vietnam was 18 mags although some recon units routinely carried more ammo and a sawn off M79 or a shotgun if they were expecting heavy contact (I think I read that in a book about MACV-SOG teams) rather than a long patrol.
That's on top of grenades, pistol or pistols, claymores and everything else. I doubt they'd be considered to have a "full stamina" bar but that's what a small unit expecting heavy contact carried. I would specify some books but they're all boxed in my attic.

I normally go for a carbine/rifle, 15-20 mags, a Mk23 (are any of other pistols capable of taking down Skaarj or Kraal?), 4 mags, frags, smoke flares, binoculars and NVGs.

It'd be nice if 40mms were worth using Very Happy They seem woefully ineffective on Skaarj.

It'd be nice if the 416 took a torch (honestly I prefer it, but I think it's good for the pointman to have a torch) and if the Inf Mod Team would reform and make a SCAR-H with all amenities Sad

For PVP I normally ditch the binocs and NVGs, downgrade to a 1911 with 2-3 mags and only carry 5 or 6 mags for the rifle. I do actually use M203s on a couple of loadouts but I'm prone to forgetting I have one.

PostPosted: 2008-05-27 17:49:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

spm1138 wrote:
I seem to recall that "standard" magazine load for LRRPs in Vietnam was 18 mags although some recon units routinely carried more ammo and a sawn off M79 or a shotgun if they were expecting heavy contact (I think I read that in a book about MACV-SOG teams) rather than a long patrol.
That's on top of grenades, pistol or pistols, claymores and everything else. I doubt they'd be considered to have a "full stamina" bar but that's what a small unit expecting heavy contact carried. I would specify some books but they're all boxed in my attic.

Jupp, my sources cite about the same loadouts - basically if you're in a six men team far in "indian territory" you'll need this ammount of firepower to keep the enemy at range long enough to get a chopper - it's all about making the enemy think there's a much larger force than there actually is, and you won't achieve that by going semi and conserving ammo. Too bad "supression" can (up to date) not be simulated in a tac-shooter..

spm1138 wrote:
I normally go for a carbine/rifle, 15-20 mags, a Mk23 (are any of other pistols capable of taking down Skaarj or Kraal?), 4 mags, frags, smoke flares, binoculars and NVGs.

Uhm, IMO every pistol (with the possible exception of the M93R and the Micro Uzi - if you DO count it as pistol, which I don't) is unable to down a full-health Skaarj in reasonable time - Krall are much easier.
As for the Mk23 having more power - according to the UC-Files that has to be a myth, though it is kinda hard to say since Inf has both a StdDamage variable in the Weapon file and a Damage variable in the ballistic one, and they ain't always the same..

Anyway, on the great UC pistol ranking we see:
M9 - 25/25dmg(StdDamage/BallisticDmg), 15rds. This is as low as it gets. Still it's the one I usually carry, since the M93R isn't QA-able on my system (for some strange reason)
DE - 25/35dmg, 9rds (25??? WTF???). DE - ughh...
1911 - 30/30dmg, 7rds. Uhm, yeah, if you WANT to get killed in COOP, take this one..
Mk23 - 30/30dmg, 12rds. Not a bad choice, but sure as hell not the Skaarj-Stopper many people think - guess that's because Inf is inhabited by H&K whores Wink
93R - 30/25dmg, 20rds. I'm sure as hell NOT going to start a 9mm vs. .45 debate, but even as 9mm Fan (yeah, I'm a sissy who can't take recoil) I think 25ish is more like it. Still a good COOP choice due to 20rds and Burst (which SHOULD be basically not usable in a Pistol - there's a reason M93Rs come with a attachable stock).
FiveseveN - 33/23dmg, 20rds. If this thing had a slide catch it would be my primary sidearm - low weight, high capacity, low recoil; the damage is either overdone or about right. (5.7x28 it seems turned out below expectations on the terminal ballistics I read somewhere..)
UDAR - ???/90dmg, 5rds. Go for the head and he's down - if that thing wasn't butt ugly (and I wouldn't highly doubt the displayed capability in a sidearm) I'd probably go with it.

So Yes, there are plenty of pistols to kill Skaarj and Krall - but none of them does the job nearly as good as a SMG, let alone an Assault or Battle rifle..

"This is a quasi-pleasant day. Almost not bad. Almost not bad at all..." Jon, 04.03.2009
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Another Infiltration Forum Forum Index -> Infiltration Coop All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: