Another Infiltration Forum Forum Index Another Infiltration Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M4 Mutators
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Another Infiltration Forum Forum Index -> Infiltration Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EGM<P>

PostPosted: 2008-09-04 23:54:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

EHM wtf now my whole inf is fucked need a new install as it seems, now it crashes every time even when the mutator is removed
Snakeye

PostPosted: 2008-09-05 05:20:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

EGM<P> wrote:
tach patrick ive downloaded your latest ro979 mutator but it fails to load the thermobaric 40mm ammo, its uses a standard 40mm he instead, i have yurch new 40 mm installed along side your mutator. it show up in the loadout menu but not ingame.

Did you read the readme? You have to activate it in the Ini by setting "bAllowXM1060" to "True".

EGM<P> wrote:
oh and one more thing if you use the standard HE along the thermobaric 40mm in the loadout, your inf crashes instantly Shocked
looks like they use shared files or so and bite each other!

EGM<P> wrote:
EHM wtf now my whole inf is fucked need a new install as it seems, now it crashes every time even when the mutator is removed

Shocked Shocked Shocked
WHAT? I've run this version for quite a few tests on my own system and didn't encounter a single Inf crash related to it (well, one during development because I accidentially caused an infinite loop - but that's a few dozen compilations ago). I had not trouble using the standard HE with the XM1060 - in fact I had a working loadout with every single grenade type in it. I even tested if it works with MagCheck and new40mm files removed from the UT\System directory..

Could you please post/PM the infiltration log file and tell me which version of magcheck and new40mm (if any) you use?

Also did you delete the mutator from UT\System? Basically I don't have any idea how it should be able to wreck an Inf install, since I do not even write to ini files. I'm really sorry that you experience such problems and I truly hope we'll be able to find the root cause. Sad

"This is a quasi-pleasant day. Almost not bad. Almost not bad at all..." Jon, 04.03.2009
EGM<P>

PostPosted: 2008-09-05 17:26:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

well it did crash many times while trying to enter the shooting range and on botmatches after that i could not even start inf at all, this all happened after i decided to use HE / HE incendiary and HE thermobaric at the same time, bad decision Very Happy
i am sorry for the fact that i cannot give you the log file because i installed ut and inf new, so all old logs are gone Sad
i dont use magcheck but i use new 40mm r1
damn i should have saved a copy of my log files Embarassed
Snakeye

PostPosted: 2008-09-05 17:57:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

EGM<P> wrote:
well it did crash many times while trying to enter the shooting range and on botmatches after that i could not even start inf at all, this all happened after i decided to use HE / HE incendiary and HE thermobaric at the same time, bad decision Very Happy
i am sorry for the fact that i cannot give you the log file because i installed ut and inf new, so all old logs are gone Sad
i dont use magcheck but i use new 40mm r1
damn i should have saved a copy of my log files Embarassed

As I pointed out before using multiple nade types at the same time is no problem on my system and shouldn't be one on any other system, so I suppose that ALONE can't lead to any behavior you experienced. I have made and used loadouts with all possible 40mm types (3 nades each) and fired all of them without troubles both on the shooting range and normal levels.

The second point is, that it is technically impossible for a mutator ro ruin a UT/Inf install unless it overwrites u-files used by other packages - which clearly isn't the case for the RO979. The only other file writing operations UnrealScript classes can do (as to my knowledge) are writing into ini-files - which can't cause problems since each class get's their own part of the ini-file (can be identified by the "[packagename.classname]" entries in the ini-file). I'm still not ruling out some weird way this could happen - technically impossible isn't impossible in my world, but I'd rate it very unlikely. If you delete the RO979 files from your UT\System directory the install has to work again. Were there by any chance double instances of the mutator (i.e. same mutator in different directories)?

There are three things you could do for me:
1.: The easy thing is to pm me a zip of your new40mm mutator (.u and .int file) so I can check if they are different.
2.: If possible a list of mutators you used.
3.: The hard thing would be to try it again and see if it happens again on your new install - in order to prevent a reinstall I'd suggest to backup your whole UT directory to a different HDD/Partition/Folder.

I'd really want to understand what exactly happened to make sure it won't happen again.

"This is a quasi-pleasant day. Almost not bad. Almost not bad at all..." Jon, 04.03.2009
EGM<P>

PostPosted: 2008-09-05 20:09:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm thought about what could have happened, is it possible that if the ini of the new nade is still false and you select the three formentioned nades INF will crash because false means you have 2x the HE type nade in your loadout wich causes a gpf/loop ?

btw this is of the new install with ro979 0.99
Snakeye

PostPosted: 2008-09-06 08:56:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

EGM<P> wrote:
hmm thought about what could have happened, is it possible that if the ini of the new nade is still false and you select the three formentioned nades INF will crash because false means you have 2x the HE type nade in your loadout wich causes a gpf/loop ?

btw this is of the new install with ro979 0.99

The ini file being false can't have any effect - in fact you can play without ini-file because the globalconfig vars (vars that are read from an ini) also have defaultproperties.

The mechanism for allowing/disallowing the XM1060 also can't be the culprit because it works for me and only influences the "handing out" of equipment to the player - i.e. when parsing the loadout string and seeing a "RO979M203T" [string for thermobaric] I make a check if the bAllowXM1060 is 1. If it is I return the XM1060 ammo class string as equipment to add and if nor the M406 class string. So you don't have 2 times the M406 type, you just get the ammount of XM1060 rounds handed out as M406 - the same principle also works for the AKS74U when AP ammo is not allowed.

I'm still sure this is a mutator conflict problem, since if it was a RO979 only caused problem it would happen for everybody. The mutatorlist looks pretty much like mine - I have a few less active though, but the one I absolutely haven't ever used is the bulletflight sounds by Yurch. Could you PM/post me your version? Meanwhile I'll take a look at your new40mm verision to see if it differs from mine.

EDIT:
Tried your new40mm version (which includes a version of bulletflightsounds - though a different one than you use..) and it worked fine so far. I do have some problems replicating your mutator list since I'm missing quite a few of them. One thing that stirkes me is that you use MultiMut; which mutators do you call from MultiMut? Perhaps there's a double call - while this should be handled by the mutator I never really tested this feature (Sad).

To be honest my only advice can be that you try it again, preferably backing up your complete UT or at least your UT\System directory before you do so.

If you absolutely don't want to do this, I'll probably go for a CE install on my system (if that's what you used) to see if I can see any troubles here, but that won't be until sunday/monday since I'm out of reliable internet connection at the moment.

EGM<P>

PostPosted: 2008-09-06 11:41:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

well in the CE there are some older versions of mutators wich you have to update like diemaco C7-1.2 wich is now 1.3 /UT Compass /aimed pistols also might be newer on servers
Snakeye

PostPosted: 2008-09-06 14:53:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you check which mutators you load with MultiMut? Also did you try the new version again? So far you're the only one who has reported such serious behavior. Corporal[Lib] said everything works fine for him, Mitchell seemed to have "didn't-read-the-readme" problems and Olethros had one (probably unrelated GPF) on a map change.

Also which error message appeared when you started the defunct Inf? I really need more information on this one..

EGM<P>

PostPosted: 2008-09-06 23:27:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

well there was no error message at all it just went awol, like switching the light out, that happened several times in a row until inf wouldnt even start anymore.
then i decided to reinstall UT and INF and now both work well ,didnt install version 1.00 again but version 0.99 wich works perfectly.
Snakeye

PostPosted: 2008-09-07 06:53:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you delete the mutator files (.u, .int and .ini) after the problems started on the old install? If so then whatever the problems was, it wasn't caused by the mutator, since the mutator can only influence the install when it's present and it is impossible for a mutator to modify any file except ini files - and in those only the parts which "belongs" to the classes of the mutator - plus I don't do any ini file writing in the mutator. If you just hadn't destroyed all the evidence this would be a lot easier to understand.

Another thought - did UT still work on the defunct install?

Since you seem to be the only one that could even produce such an error I really must ask you to please, please try the 1.00 again EGM; if you backup your UT the "repair" process, should the error happen again, is a matter of 5 minutes of copying (probably less). You would help me tremendously with that.

EGM<P>

PostPosted: 2008-09-08 21:58:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm patrick had unreal stuff in my UT folder and in INF, maybe that caused the failures, but i deleted everything that was in there with the complete new install so i cant check it anymore.
sorry for that, shit happens i think.
Snakeye

PostPosted: 2008-09-09 05:42:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you at least check if the new version runs now? I'd really like to downgrade the big red warning label on BuF to a big yellow warning label..

EGM<P>

PostPosted: 2008-09-09 16:44:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snakeye wrote:
Can you at least check if the new version runs now? I'd really like to downgrade the big red warning label on BuF to a big yellow warning label..

ok ill give it a try:D, and i also will rent a special place for you in case i have to reinstall again Twisted Evil
nah just kidding patrick i try it and if shit happens i will post the log for you so dont worry Wink
EGM<P>

PostPosted: 2008-09-09 17:08:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

well did a little shooting session with HE / thermobaric and firenades on the firing range with the new install and thermobaric nades set to true, no problems sofar all went smoothly.
this leads to the conclusion that some other files in the old install had some issues with your mutator. in the old install my active mutator list was much larger with unreal stuff activated too

end conclusion its safe now as long you dont actvate too many strange mutators Smile
EGM<P>

PostPosted: 2008-09-09 17:11:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

now i will do some botmatches, to see if that works too
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Another Infiltration Forum Forum Index -> Infiltration Development All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: