Another Infiltration Forum Forum Index Another Infiltration Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Infiltration LAN party
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Another Infiltration Forum Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
*Firebird*

PostPosted: 2008-06-24 09:34:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, nice cartoon Carpet. And IMHO sometimes you would have had deserve it, when you killed the whole team except yourself by "accident". Razz Wink

But back to topic. I think it would be nice if we would have something where we can vote for a month or a weekend for our meeting, maybe with the option what would be possible and which date we prefer?

edit:
Snakeye wrote:
Firstly, it's a Volkswagen - which by name already is a Nazi car (I'm Austrian, I'm allowed to say Nazi!) - basically by buying one you say "I don't care that the pre-pre-pre-pre-pre-pre-predecessor of my car was intended to be build by Nazis."
Oh, common - let old wounds heal!
I'm really bored to hear the monotonously sound of the beard-spooling-machine out of the cellar. Mad

All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure. Mark Twain (1835-1910)

Our team is well balanced. - We have problems everywhere. Tommy Prothro (since 1941)
Stinkmarder
[JgKdo]

PostPosted: 2008-06-24 11:34:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Snakeye: If a VW Golf qualifies as a 'Nazi car' for you then what do you call my car then? An Ueber Nazi car? Wink

Carpetsmoker wrote:
I always have/had to think about this one whenever I had a little "accident" (usually with grenades) and it involved stm:

http://realtoons.planets.gamespy.com/strips/bunny.jpg

I'd never do such cruel things. *crosses fingers*
Snakeye

PostPosted: 2008-06-24 12:08:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Point No.1: No, there is no Nazier car possible than a Volkswagen. I don't know/remember which car you have, Stinkmarder - if it's a Kübelwagen, Beetle (old model) or Schwimmwagen it surpasses the Golf, otherwise you're in the clear. Try to get something French or Japanese though Razz

Point No.2: Some may want to check your internal "serious-meters" for a recalibration. If you think Point No.1 or the Golf-to-Nazi comparison was serious you're wrong.

Point No.3: What is a "beard-spooling-machine"? No seriously, I tried to translate it to German and I still don't get it.

Completely Off Topic:
Point No.4: If the simple mentioning of the word Nazi gets you upset you may not be letting wounds heal but rather ignore the past and its lessons (not that mankind will ever learn from the past). Due to my interest in history I've done my fair share of reading about what happened in the time of the Third Reich - and although it may seem tasteless I'd rather have people remember it by making Nazi jokes than people saying: "we don't want to hear that" and simply forgetting. I'm with Mr. Wiesenthal on this one: We Must Not Forget.

But if you guys prefer to be left alone with this topic, I'll surely refrain from future use of the "N-Word"..

"This is a quasi-pleasant day. Almost not bad. Almost not bad at all..." Jon, 04.03.2009
Crazy_Karnickel

PostPosted: 2008-06-24 18:04:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe Smile

Thanks for the nice discussion MK - but i think it's not the place to discuss something like this...!
What ever happend we should not forget, for sure we won't and also won't let - that's our heritage we've to suffer. But don't be so colorblind to say everthing that happend in this period was just evil - that condemns a hole generation and a lot of technical and physiological inventions!

And btw - history is written by winners - and shame on them, they arn't as white as they wanna make us belive!

...oh, i nearly forgot - a lan party would be nice. Maybe I'll travel by car... a seat... a spanish car! Wink
Snakeye

PostPosted: 2008-06-24 18:27:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crazy_Karnickel wrote:
But don't be so colorblind to say everthing that happend in this period was just evil - that condemns a hole generation and a lot of technical and physiological inventions!

Sir, I never ever said or posted anything like this - and I never ever thought anything like this. I leave the good/evil stuff to those who like to judge - I prefer to learn, or at least die trying..

Also to be honest I used the "N-Argument" against the Golf because it seemed like the most absurd cause I could think of to dislike Volkswagen - thereby making it obvious that my post as a whole was not serious. It obviously turned out to be taken a lot more serious than I expected, so you all have my apologies for any misunderstanding caused.

Crazy_Karnickel wrote:
Maybe I'll travel by car... a seat... a spanish car!

must..resist..urge..to..point..out..SEAT..is..owned..by..VoksWagen..
..damn, I failed Sad

"This is a quasi-pleasant day. Almost not bad. Almost not bad at all..." Jon, 04.03.2009
*Firebird*

PostPosted: 2008-06-24 18:30:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snakeye wrote:
Point No.3: What is a "beard-spooling-machine"? No seriously, I tried to translate it to German and I still don't get it.
Completely Off Topic:
Point No.4: If the simple mentioning of the word Nazi gets you upset you may not be letting wounds heal but rather ignore the past and its lessons (not that mankind will ever learn from the past). Due to my interest in history I've done my fair share of reading about what happened in the time of the Third Reich - and although it may seem tasteless I'd rather have people remember it by making Nazi jokes than people saying: "we don't want to hear that" and simply forgetting. I'm with Mr. Wiesenthal on this one: We Must Not Forget.

But if you guys prefer to be left alone with this topic, I'll surely refrain from future use of the "N-Word"..

*sigh*
Ok I'll try to explain.
I think you would hardly find any german, who find such kind of jokes with the N-word funny, because that is a really serious, dark and sad chapter of our history. It's not that I want to ignore the past or it's lessons, and it's not that I want to forget it, but it's something that I'm overkilled with this stuff. At school we discussed it for years in every school subject, except math and french. (Yes every, not only in politics, history, social, and religion.- No, in german, english, biologie, physic and chemistry lessons too!) And always we were blamed for what happened long time ago. The key message was always: germans had been bad in the past, so feel crappy, you are german. It was enough to drive you up the wall!
Yes, I know there were bad times. And yes, we should try that such things will never happen again! But damn it I'm not guilty. Even my mother was not born at this time! Evil or Very Mad
Don't get me wrong, I think it's necessary to learn to be sensitive if things like that are going on, but in my opinion you will only reach the opposite if you don't stop to blame people for things they can't change anymore. Sad

The spelling "Und aus dem Keller hört man das monotone Rauschen der Bartwickelmaschine." (hear the monotonously sound of the beard-spooling-machine out of the cellar) has it's roots in the guy Methusalem, who is so old, that his beard is as long as possible, so that he needs a good working beard-spooling-machine in the cellar for it.
The meaning of it is that something is bromidic as hell / totally at end of the pier ("abgedroschen bis ins Letzte"). You can use this spelling for things that you have heard "more than thousand times", things that only gets on your nerves anymore, cause it's always the same, - again and again and again...
Btw this spelling is often a comment after a really old stupid joke was told, those kind of joke which is not funny anymore, cause it's more than old and well known.

All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure. Mark Twain (1835-1910)

Our team is well balanced. - We have problems everywhere. Tommy Prothro (since 1941)
Carpetsmoker

PostPosted: 2008-06-24 19:25:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, as the OP I would like to request a more on-topic discussion ... I agree with Snakeye that Nazi's are interesting, but unless some are coming to the LAN party it's pretty Off-Topic...

------

o We have the LAN party as someone's house.
o We rent/hire/loan/steal/beg a room somewhere.

The first option is obviously cheaper ... Any volunteers?

Also see this thread:
http://infiltration.forum.cerberon.net/viewtopic.php?p=873#873
EGM<P>

PostPosted: 2008-06-24 19:48:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy crap well even the japaneze car factories have a link to ww2 patrick think mitsubishi nissan honda to name a few

seat / what about skoda Razz its also owned by VW

and for the frenchies renault citroen and peugeot also made military stuff Razz in ww1 and ww2 i think

maybe we should give patricks oxxenkarren an overhaul as in pimp my ride Wink
Carpetsmoker

PostPosted: 2008-06-24 20:02:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric, please, On-Topic.
Snakeye

PostPosted: 2008-06-24 21:17:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carpetsmoker wrote:
...I agree with Snakeye that Nazi's are interesting, but unless some are coming to the LAN party it's pretty Off-Topic...

Sorry for OT, but: ROFLMAO

EGM<P>

PostPosted: 2008-06-24 21:30:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carpetsmoker wrote:
Eric, please, On-Topic.

ja ja is goed martin Razz
*Firebird*

PostPosted: 2008-06-28 02:49:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking about cool Inf-T-Shirts or something like that for Lan-Party.
Nearly everything is possible. Any wishes or ideas?

Snakeye

PostPosted: 2008-06-28 09:46:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Firebird* wrote:
Thinking about cool Inf-T-Shirts or something like that for Lan-Party.
Nearly everything is possible. Any wishes or ideas?

How about a zombie holding a SIG551 and wearing a boonie hat and a t-shirt that says "Inf's not dead!" Twisted Evil

*Firebird*

PostPosted: 2008-06-28 12:30:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said, nearly everything is possible. It's just the question, what you guys would like. I think the basic colour of the shirt should be something like the forum colour, instead of white. For women I would like another cut as for men.
Do you guys prefer:
- normal T-shirts (choose between regular fit or slim fit; slim fit enhances figure a tad more)
- with V-neck
- kind of Poloshirt
- or whatever?
It's possible to add your avatar too, if you want. Because of costs and it's calculating it is necessary to decide as soon as possible and to know who wants a shirt.
So I wanna remember you guys to enregister you in "Who is coming" thread!

Carpetsmoker

PostPosted: 2008-06-28 20:27:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only woman can worry about what people wear to a lan party ... :-/

In any case, I only have normal T-Shirts ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Another Infiltration Forum Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10

Jump to: