Another Infiltration Forum Forum Index Another Infiltration Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Infiltration LAN party
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Another Infiltration Forum Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
*Firebird*

PostPosted: 2008-06-28 23:35:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Carpet, of course you can wear whatever you want, including wearing nothing... Mr. Green
I just thought it would be nice to have something like a "lan-uniform" Wink
My intension was to design it in such a way, that you feel well, that you know who is who at lan, and that you can easily wear it as a cool shirt at other "normal-life-locations" too.

All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure. Mark Twain (1835-1910)

Our team is well balanced. - We have problems everywhere. Tommy Prothro (since 1941)
Snakeye

PostPosted: 2008-06-29 08:36:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Firebird* wrote:
Oh Carpet, of course you can wear whatever you want, including wearing nothing... Mr. Green

On a second thought I think I won't have time to attend..

"This is a quasi-pleasant day. Almost not bad. Almost not bad at all..." Jon, 04.03.2009
*Firebird*

PostPosted: 2008-06-29 12:37:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just one little question:
How to plan the Lanparty e.g. find an adequate location (position and dimension) if nobodys telling which date would be good Question
Evil or Very Mad

All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure. Mark Twain (1835-1910)

Our team is well balanced. - We have problems everywhere. Tommy Prothro (since 1941)
Snakeye

PostPosted: 2008-06-29 16:55:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I need to know the location before I can tell wether I'll be able to attend or not - it doesn't make much sense for me to say I'm available on the weekend of Aug. 30th and Sep. 13th (Sep. 6th is a no-go) when the location is too far for me to attain.

In any case you have my availability dates now - as far as I understood the "who's coming" thread was for people who will 100% attend, or did I get this wrong?

"This is a quasi-pleasant day. Almost not bad. Almost not bad at all..." Jon, 04.03.2009
Carpetsmoker

PostPosted: 2008-06-29 18:53:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, just post what you just posted there ... That's it depends on the location and that you're not sure.
XploD

PostPosted: 2008-07-02 17:44:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

To revive this thread:

I would prefere late Juli, August or later vor a LAN.

I've got no option to get access for a bigger location than my own flat, so if many people want to come ... not to Paderborn.
(it's better like this, or you bad killer-game-players would be pulled onto a pyre by our "nice" bishops... Very Happy)

The distance to travel depends on the amount of people coming (or the bonusses I'll get for comming, like free board and lodging in a five stars hotel...Very Happy)

Regards,
_X_
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Biene_Maja

PostPosted: 2008-07-02 20:44:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

same for me...
*Firebird*

PostPosted: 2008-07-02 21:41:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you please choose a date in "Who's coming" Thread?
(Post there your constraints too.)

Snakeye

PostPosted: 2008-07-20 16:41:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, chances of me attaining just increased significantly this weekend. I assisted my brother in getting a car he bought from a person who lives in a place called Burgwedel - strange name, yeah.

So how does this increase chances? Well for those who don't know Burgwedel is near Hannover and the way back I drove enteriely alone (my brother drove in front with his new car) and I guess if I manage a 980km drive over ~11hrs - the new car is a Landrover Defender 90, so we were limited to ~110kph since we drove "convoy", plus we had a few jams on the way - then I'll also manage a similar drive for an InfCon, assuming the distance is about that or lower.

Perhaps I post a few pics tomorrow from the way back - dunno if they look any good, only had my mobile phone camera.

Oh, and German Autobahn is fun! On the way to Hannover I drove a peaceful 170kph on the middle lane and a Merc speeded by left with about the speed of sound (or 250kph, whatever sounds more plausible) - THAT's fun Mr. Green

And to those who have a "NL" sign on their cars: could those of you, who know how to book a hotel please instruct the 90% of your fellow citizens who obviously don't, please..

Stinkmarder
[JgKdo]

PostPosted: 2008-07-20 18:06:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snakeye wrote:
car is a Landrover Defender 90

If you bring that Landrover I'd try to organize a little offroad tour...
*Firebird*

PostPosted: 2008-07-20 23:39:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snakeye wrote:
Burgwedel is near Hannover
Whoa, you were that close to Hannover this weekend and didn't tell a word before? Shocked
- Tsstss. Wink

Stinkmarder wrote:
That would be pretty cool. Very Happy

Snakeye

PostPosted: 2008-07-21 07:36:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Firebird* wrote:
Whoa, you were that close to Hannover this weekend and didn't tell a word before? Shocked
- Tsstss. Wink

I was expecting this so I kept silent since we started on Saturday 0700 from Vienna and arrived at 1700 in Burgwedel. The Sunday was pretty much the same 0700 start from Burgwedel, 1800 arrival in Vienna - all with maximum length of breaks of 15mins for refuelling. If we'd stayed a tad longer I'd most probably posted/PMed about it before.

Stinkmarder wrote:

Well, it's my brothers car - along with the Defender 110 he has (which I had the honor of driving my first two years of automobile life); he got it because said 110 had a catastophic engine failure (i.e. it blew up) and he needs one Defender. But to be honest I'm thinking about getting a 90 myself - if I find a suitable one.

Back on topic, I'd still prefer doing a 800-900km trip with my Impreza, since it actually easily can achieve a travel speed of 145kph (claimed top speed is 190, but I bet she goes 210 Mr. Green), which I consider a comfortable long distance travel speed - and I still don't know how fast it actually goes (we used my mothers car) - so a trip to the Autobahn with it is still on my to-do list - plus the Defender doesn't have a radio..

If I ever get an own 90 we can plan an offrad tour Wink

*Firebird*

PostPosted: 2008-07-21 10:39:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries, Snakeye. I was just kidding. I can imagine, that you were completely busy with the car transfer. Smile

Carpetsmoker

PostPosted: 2008-07-25 20:11:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since no one else offered to host the LANparty:

1) We can do it at my home (Eindhoven, Netherlands, see map - Blue flag)
2) We can rent something, somewhere.

The first option would obviously be cheaper, and I guess it would be more convenient in several other ways.

The second option would be more expensive, but the advantage would be that we can choose a more convenient location.

Option 1 has my preference, do people have problems with the location?

Last edited by Carpetsmoker on 2008-07-25 22:07:34; edited 2 times in total
Stinkmarder
[JgKdo]

PostPosted: 2008-07-25 22:00:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carpetsmoker wrote:
Option 1 has my preference, do people have problems with the location?

Eindhoven is 360 km from me. That would be ok.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Another Infiltration Forum Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: