Another Infiltration Forum Forum Index Another Infiltration Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Infiltration LAN party
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Another Infiltration Forum Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snakeye

PostPosted: 2008-07-26 10:24:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carpetsmoker wrote:
..1) We can do it at my home..

Let me guess, you have a nice guest cellar with a door that only opens from the outside? Just kidding Mr. Green

Google maps claims it's a 1050km trip for me - that's around 11hrs not including longer breaks, traffic jams and obvious searches of my car by the German Zoll on my way back. I have to admit I'd think this to be outisde my operational range Sad

"This is a quasi-pleasant day. Almost not bad. Almost not bad at all..." Jon, 04.03.2009
XploD

PostPosted: 2008-07-26 12:39:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, it's "just" 266 km, but it's the hell because I would have to pass the complete Ruhrgebiet. I guess I would spend more time standing in traffic jams than moving the car...

If the LAN will take place in Eindhoven, I'm off...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Crazy_Karnickel

PostPosted: 2008-07-26 15:04:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

My flat is to small for all potential members of the lan party to sleep and to play (or just play Wink ).

Idea
But there is a sport club just 30 meters away - i think we can rent a room there for little money.
For sleep there is a guest flat I can rent - just about 200m away from my home / sportclub. Costs: 50€ per night + 20€ cleaning + 5€ bedclothes and towels per person. This flat is for 8 persons. -> 6,25 per night + 7,50. I think thats a fair price!
Its also possible that about 4 persons can sleep in my flat and maybe some person in Osterhases flat...

So, if Hannover could be an option, I'll ask for availbility...?
*Firebird*

PostPosted: 2008-07-26 15:27:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hannover would be much more easy and cheaper for me to reach by train. But I would also go to Eindhoven or any other place, since I don't have to cross several countrys by bike. Mr. Green For me it's important to meet you guys, nothing else. So choose a location you like and I'll find a way to be there.

All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure. Mark Twain (1835-1910)

Our team is well balanced. - We have problems everywhere. Tommy Prothro (since 1941)
Stinkmarder
[JgKdo]

PostPosted: 2008-07-26 16:58:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snakeye wrote:
Let me guess, you have a nice guest cellar with a door that only opens from the outside?

Wait a second ... *you* are the one from Austria, not Carpet! Wink
Snakeye

PostPosted: 2008-07-26 17:03:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm a question occurs: how long is the LAN party going to take place? Is it a one or a two day event?

While Hannover sounds a tad better than Eidhoven to me (at least I know how to get there already Mr. Green) it still is a looooong way. But then the nearest person to me seems to be Stinkmarder at about 720km, so I guess I'll have a long drive if I attend no matter where this is going to take place.

Also how bad (traffic wise) is the route from Vienna to Eidhoven (Google claims: Vienna - Regensburg - Würzburg - Frankfurt a. M. - Köln - Essen - Eidhoven to be the correct route)?

Edit:
Stinkmarder wrote:
Wait a second ... *you* are the one from Austria, not Carpet! Wink

Well, guess we expect the behavior we know Wink. Also aren't the Netherlands close to Belgium? I remember a few cases of similar things happening there some years ago. To be brief I guess this happens everywhere - Austria just finds more cases because our police is so effective.

"This is a quasi-pleasant day. Almost not bad. Almost not bad at all..." Jon, 04.03.2009
*Firebird*

PostPosted: 2008-07-27 01:27:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snakeye wrote:
Hmm a question occurs: how long is the LAN party going to take place? Is it a one or a two day event?
In my opinion one day is to short since you consider peoples travelling times and costs. I would like to meet at friday afternoon or evening (maybe from 5pm) and stay together until sunday evening or monday morning. Does anybody have objections?

All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure. Mark Twain (1835-1910)

Our team is well balanced. - We have problems everywhere. Tommy Prothro (since 1941)
Carpetsmoker

PostPosted: 2008-07-27 08:30:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, something like that sounds fine.

Snakeye, as you already pointed out yourself you're going to be in a long drive in any case (Hannover being 953km, Eindhoven 1048km).
What is the maximum distance you would be prepared to drive? I'd really like to lock you in a basement and ra ... ehm ... meet you...

Crazy, can you get some information about the room at the sports club, things like price, size, amount of tables and chairs (if any), refrigerator, ect.
Snakeye

PostPosted: 2008-07-27 14:18:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carpetsmoker wrote:
What is the maximum distance you would be prepared to drive? I'd really like to lock you in a basement and ra ... ehm ... meet you...

Assuming a two day event (saturday and sunday) and the option to arrive the day before start (i.e. friday) and leave the day after end (i.e. monday) I'd say Hannover is more or less the limit of my operational range - and only because I already did that journey and the traffic wasn't too horrible. To be honest a 11hrs drive is something like my personal limit, and Eidhoven looks like a 11hrs drive without any traffic problems - so I assume it to be outside my operational range, unless our German friends claim that traffic around Frankurt and Essen is not too bad.

Carpetsmoker wrote:
I'd really like to lock you in a basement and ra ... ehm ... meet you...

Shocked uhm, I think I'll be sick on that weekend *cough* *sneeze* You guys in NL aren't allowed to have weapons, are you?

*Firebird*

PostPosted: 2008-08-02 21:07:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because of finding an adequate location:
Which kind of Computer do you guys wanna bring with you for Lan Question
Just Laptop or big Monitor etc?
I will use my Laptop, that means I don't need a place on table. Just a cozy place to sit and chill out. What about you?

Biene_Maja

PostPosted: 2008-08-03 12:40:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xplod and me use a pc with flat screen and we need a table... Laughing
Snakeye

PostPosted: 2008-08-03 18:01:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case I attend I would bring my two working laptops - you don't travel ~1000km to end up with one having a problem Very Happy

Although right now my car seems to be the bigger problem - I've got a strange vibration between 120 and 140kph which needs proper treatment before I go on such a trip; and no always staying above 140 is not an option - below 120 neither btw..

Stinkmarder
[JgKdo]

PostPosted: 2008-08-03 21:30:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need a table.
Crazy_Karnickel

PostPosted: 2008-08-04 16:30:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry guys, but I've to report the sport club is off: It seems to be more like a restaurant and of corse there are rooms to rent - but to expensive (20 - 40 € per hour). In addition we only would get access from 11 am - 12 pm. Crying or Very sad
So I checked for other rent-rooms but without sucsess - to expensive, to far, and always no access over night...! Confused

But I've a crazy idea. Right above my flat is a (well, low comfort) dry-loft only used by me. If I would clean it up a bit and you could manage with less comfort than a professional rent-room we'll have a location for free! Cool Oh, I just measured the room: 12m x 4.5m x 2.7m (l x b x h). It is dry, has 4 small windows and we can lock it.

Some other good news: The guest flat is available the weekend of the 13th and also the 20th september. But I've to fix it until the end of THIS week Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation The distance between guest-flat and my flat / loft is about 300m.

...so I need some answers asap:
- is the dry-loft ok?
if "yes"
- who needs a beed in the guest-flat? When (Fr-Sa-Su-Mo)?

Some pic of the guest-flat and the loft:

dry-loft dry-loft guest-flat guest-flat guest-flat
Stinkmarder
[JgKdo]

PostPosted: 2008-08-04 16:39:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crazy_Karnickel wrote:
Right above my flat is a (well, low comfort) dry-loft only used by me. If I would clean it up a bit and you could manage with less comfort than a professional rent-room we'll have a location for free! Cool Oh, I just measured the room: 12m x 4.5m x 2.7m (l x b x h). It is dry, has 4 small windows and we can lock it.

This looks like it will become very hot when the sun is shining on the roof. PCs and people will heat it up even more.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Another Infiltration Forum Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: