Another Infiltration Forum Forum Index Another Infiltration Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Infiltration LAN party
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Another Infiltration Forum Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crazy_Karnickel

PostPosted: 2008-08-04 17:19:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

The heat-problem depends on the weather we'll have. In the middle or even end of sep. we could have good luck and it wont be too warm...
*Firebird*

PostPosted: 2008-08-04 18:28:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crazy_Karnickel wrote:
In the middle or even end of sep. we could have good luck and it wont be too warm...

And if not, we get grilled there. Mr. Green But I don't care, cause I think this reachable location is much better than none! Btw there is a big kind of garden too, so we won't be catched the whole time under the roof.
If anybody has a better idea: Out with it! Smile

All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure. Mark Twain (1835-1910)

Our team is well balanced. - We have problems everywhere. Tommy Prothro (since 1941)
Carpetsmoker

PostPosted: 2008-08-04 20:10:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hannover works for me.

I don't have a laptop, I also don't have a car (Or even a driver license for that matter) so I'll have to go by train ... Not sure how I'm going to manage bringing my PC ... Maybe I can try to borrow/beg/steal/rent/buy/lend/buy a laptop somewhere ... I'll figure something out somehow.

But in any case, I would say everyone needs a table/place to sit, even with a laptop ...

I will need to sleep somewhere (I think everyone does ...?)

I'm occupied on 20 September, although I can come this weekend, I would highly prefer the weekend of the 13th.

How about people start arriving Friday afternoon/evening and leaving sunday afternoon/evening?

The guest flat looks fine, I see a bed and a coffee maker, all that's needed as far as I'm concerned (And I don't really need the bed per se).

I'm not 100% sure about the attic though ...
o What about tables and chairs?
o There are these stupid support beams in the middle which seriously reduce the amount of effective space available.
o Is there power?
o As stm pointed out, I fear it's going to be rather hot on an attic like that ... I'm not so worried about my PC overheating, but I am worried about me overheating ...

@snakeye: stm lives more or less en-route to Hannover, maybe you can drive to stm, park your car there, and then drive to Hannover with stm? This way you won't have to drive all the way ... But you'll have to ask stm what his plans are and if it's possible...
Snakeye

PostPosted: 2008-08-05 10:13:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering the attic - and non-hot weather, what if the weather is lousy and it gets cold? Is there a plausible way to heat it up to acceptable temperature? I'm comparably heat sensitive (both against hot and cold) and my lappie sure is heat sensitive - well, that's what you get when you buy a SLI notebook I guess; but since my last lappie died (most probably) because the GFX card had one heat shutdown too much in her lifetime I'm definetly more sensitive to this issue then before - I even do constant max temperature monitoring on my new one..

In addition another possible trouble showed up, since one of my colleagues leaves our department in Sep. and we get a new one, which I'm kinda responsible for - in addition to the project the old one had; and there's no way I'm taking part this without taking friday and monday off from work - I once did a 6hrs trip from Munich to Graz after a training class that ended at about 1600hrs and I sure never want to do such a thing again (okay, it was snowing on that day, which is unlikely in Sep, but arriving at ~2200hrs after a work-day and a 6hrs drive was bad enough..).

Also as I mentioned my car behaves funny at the moment (which I hopefully will be able to fix next week) so to be honest I'm really unsure wether or not I'll be able to take part right now - and I'll probably won't know until about two weeks before the event Sad. If this ends up being a problem for planning I probably would have to stay away..

As for driving to Mannheim en route, Google claims this would end up being a 10,5hrs drive (6,5hrs to Mannheim) compared to a 8,5hrs drive to Hannover - plus the Mannheim route looks a tad more prone to traffic problems since it crosses Frankfurt on the trip to Hannover. I guess I'd rather prefer the direct trip to Hannover.

"This is a quasi-pleasant day. Almost not bad. Almost not bad at all..." Jon, 04.03.2009
Carpetsmoker

PostPosted: 2008-08-05 10:22:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're coming .... Or else ...
Crazy_Karnickel

PostPosted: 2008-08-05 10:35:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's abstract the situation:

Carpet will come
Stm will come
Biene will come
Osterhase will come
Firebird will come
Crazy_Karnickel will come

Xplod perhaps
Snakeye perhaps
EGM perhaps

...no other answers!

So we will be max 9, min 6 people. Am I right? For this amound the guest-flat could be large enough to play. I think 2 people could even sleep there, the rest in Osterhases and my flats...

So who will defendly come? More then this few people? What about ente and psy?

If just Carpet, Stm and Biene will come (plus FB, Osterhase and me) we all could stay just in my flat. But guys... just 6 people??? Is Inf realy so dead???
*Firebird*

PostPosted: 2008-08-05 12:39:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, people. In case we don't need the dry loft the question is:
Rent the guest-flat or not Question
Even if we are maybe just 6 people?

I wanna have an answer from everybody Exclamation Cause I don't think it's fair that people maybe stand alone with costs later.

And to be honest I'm not amused how it's going on now. Mad
What's so difficult about a statement? Evil or Very Mad

Here comes mine:
I will be there in every case!
Even if I would have to sleep under a bridge or get nothing to eat for half a mounth later. Who cares?!
So rent that damn guest-flat from friday afternoon (12.Sep) until sunday evening (14.Sep) and let us have a great time there!

All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure. Mark Twain (1835-1910)

Our team is well balanced. - We have problems everywhere. Tommy Prothro (since 1941)
Carpetsmoker

PostPosted: 2008-08-05 14:36:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If just Carpet, Stm and Biene will come (plus FB, Osterhase and me) we all could stay just in my flat. But guys... just 6 people??? Is Inf realy so dead???

This is about what I expected ... Did you really expect more?

Quote:
So who will defendly come?

I will be there definitely (But not defending anything Very Happy).

[quote=firebird]I wanna have an answer from everybody[/quote]

Yes ma'am!
EGM<P>

PostPosted: 2008-08-05 20:07:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

an exact adress for a route planner would be in need for me, cause hannover is a rather large area with many subburbs, i checked anwb route planner to hannover messe, its says 231,9 km travel time approx 2hrs 26 min fuel cost between 29/32 euros depending on actual traffic volume.
you could pm me the exact data needed for travel to the intended location, just to make sure that the evil buggers stay away Razz
Crazy_Karnickel

PostPosted: 2008-08-05 20:44:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

By car: PLZ 30455

By train: Mainstation and then 15 min tramway (cost 2€)
EGM<P>

PostPosted: 2008-08-05 21:43:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok unless something shitty happens over here ill be there its about 2hrs and 24 min driving for me
EGM<P>

PostPosted: 2008-08-05 23:22:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

ha plz 30455 is good :p it goes for about 5 different areas in hannover all with the same code so one could be driving for days without finding any of you, funny Very Happy
so planning a route via routeplanner gives a fault message because there are no less than 5 large areas with that postal code, about 1/3 of the hannover area Rolling Eyes
so unless we get some better directions it will be impossible to come anywhere near the intended location its like 20 km3 or so
*Firebird*

PostPosted: 2008-08-06 00:47:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the exact adress attending guys should get by PM. Wink

Crazy_Karnickel

PostPosted: 2008-08-07 14:27:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok guys, I just ordered the guest-flat (12.09. afternoon - 14.09. ~ 13.00h). If anyone will need a place to sleep the night from So. - Mo. we'll also manage this...

I've acceptances from:

Carpet
Firebird
Osterhase
Maja
Xplod
EGM
(me Wink )

So, what about you, Stinkmarder? No fear - we'll use the guest flat to play and EGM promissed to bring his airco with him Cool

We'll also have the crazy guy from austria with us if his car will run well again next week...

If anyone else would like to come to the lan-party, please report until this sunday!!!
Carpetsmoker

PostPosted: 2008-08-07 15:55:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there also a basement available? I will need a basement (With lock).

Quote:
(12.09. afternoon - 14.09. ~ 13.00h)

I assume these cryptic numbers mean you got the flat for the weekend of the 13th?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Another Infiltration Forum Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: