Another Infiltration Forum Forum Index Another Infiltration Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Infiltration LAN party
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Another Infiltration Forum Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carpetsmoker

PostPosted: 2008-06-20 00:03:49    Post subject: Infiltration LAN party Reply with quote

Yes, I (we) refuse to believe this game is dead and/or dying, and *will* have a LAN party.

So, something of a LAN party would be nice ... There are a lot of German players, so this would be somewhat of an obvious location.

Somewhere in the west of Germany sounds nice, since there are also quite a few Dutch players around ... But I don't know everyone's location so there might be a better "central location"

So, could people who might be interested to come please post their base of operations (i.e. your location) so we can choose a location.

And yes, we will be playing with black guns Psy...

Last edited by Carpetsmoker on 2008-06-24 19:22:44; edited 1 time in total
*Firebird*

PostPosted: 2008-06-20 01:14:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course I'm interested in a bigger LAN-Party than with 3 people, like we already did several times this year. Wink It was really funny, but I would like to meet some more of you guys. Smile
My location is Oldenburg, near Bremen in the North-West of Germany.
But maybe we should think about the date, which month or weekend we want to meet? Wink

All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure. Mark Twain (1835-1910)

Our team is well balanced. - We have problems everywhere. Tommy Prothro (since 1941)
Snakeye

PostPosted: 2008-06-20 05:11:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

LAN party - you mean like meeting real persons, like in real life and such? Wouldn't that severely hamper my status as male internet loser - I mean meeting REAL poeple!*starts hyperventilating*

More serious: if time and location allow for it I'll consider taking part. My location is Austria so South to Mid Germany should be within operational range - I can't make any definite answer without knowing a definite date though - work is a tad stressy at the moment (and in the foreseeable future).

Also does black guns mean the SIG is not allowed?

"This is a quasi-pleasant day. Almost not bad. Almost not bad at all..." Jon, 04.03.2009
EGM<P>

PostPosted: 2008-06-21 18:26:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha pc mobility is a bigger factor :p, as in how to get your pc in one piece and working to that location, i only have a desktop and a large lcd monitor right now a gaming laptop would be easier to transport Smile
Carpetsmoker

PostPosted: 2008-06-22 04:03:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmpf, I once went to a LAN party on a bicycle ... (Ok, it was only a few kilometers...)

You don't have a car? IMO A PC would still be carryable in a train, and maybe if you ask nicely someone can bring a smalled screen for you....
XploD

PostPosted: 2008-06-22 08:04:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been on several LAN's now and I can just say:

Open your desktop cases and pull out the graphic cards (and every other expansion).
Agitation killed her pc ( mainboard and gpu) on our way home. At home, when I had to build up our workplaces again, I turned on her pc and just heard a sound like bzzzzzzzz. Then the monitor got dark and the mainboard never worked again...

To reply to the topic:
If I'll come or not depends on where the LAN is located and who else is coming... (e.g I won't travel to russia just to meet a single guy). But I'm interested...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Biene_Maja

PostPosted: 2008-06-22 12:58:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

me too

and it was my pc that was destroyed... That was an expensive LAN! Embarassed Rolling Eyes

Edit: I went to a LAN...
Okay, the LAN was downstairs in the same house... Laughing
Edit2: Pics from the LAN http://www.f-o-o-l.de/gefechte_img/fool_lan2/
EGM<P>

PostPosted: 2008-06-22 22:13:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol tapijt ik heb wel een auto, een vw golf 5 trendline 1.6 fsi om precies te zijn

alleen het meenemen van de pc en toebehoren is altijd een beetje tricky, het gerammel op slechte wegen kan de pc aardig naar de kloten helpen Very Happy

btw rutger hauer fan geworden ? komt uit die replicants film Smile
Snakeye

PostPosted: 2008-06-23 05:59:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

vtd kickban EGM<P> for use of non-standard forum language no one understands and possession of a Volkswagen Golf V (the most heinous of crimes Mad).

And getting an Inf-able laptop is not hard - hell, my old Inspiron 9100 could handle the game at 1920x1200 with a meek old Mobility Radeon 9700 (this is a downclocked Radeon 9600, for those who wanted to know) - unless you hit smoke, framerates were fine - 30fps to 80fps depending on map; smoke did pull you into the single digit area though, but I guess this might have been resolved by selecting a lower resolution (never tried, 1920x1200 is just soooo sweet). On a second thought if I actually take part and someone really needs to I could bring my old laptop too - if you have a keyboard, mouse and screen (in case a 15.4 is too small for you) it's just doing nicely.

"This is a quasi-pleasant day. Almost not bad. Almost not bad at all..." Jon, 04.03.2009
zeep

PostPosted: 2008-06-23 08:18:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote for inf con in Barcelona.
XploD

PostPosted: 2008-06-23 08:56:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

EGM<P> wrote:
lol tapijt ik heb wel een auto, een vw golf 5 trendline 1.6 fsi om precies te zijn

Damnit. I was looking forward to see egm driving his forklifter with attached trailer Smile

@Snakeeye: My Laptop is 5 years old an has a cobold painting images instead of a graphics card. Or it seems like that because even worms didn't run on it... It's a subnotebook I bought for university, so I didn't expect to be able to play games with it...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Snakeye

PostPosted: 2008-06-23 10:08:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

vtd kickban XploD for accidentially misspelling my Nick Mad

No serious, I said getting one is not hard - not that every 5 year old POC will run Inf - I've got a 486 Notebook somewhere around and it sure as hell WON'T run Inf (big surprise..). I'd even assume my first "true" laptop won't run Inf decently, although I bought it back then to be able to play games - dunno, does a Gefore Go 440 with 64MB VRAM and a meek old Pentium M 1.7GHz actually run Inf decently? Not that I can find out, since either the GFX card or the Motherboard got screwed a few months after I got my next..

Also what's a subnotebook? Some Nazi term for non-worth-living portable PCs? Or are these those mini-laptops so fashionable in Japan nowadays? Working on a 12" screen must be sooo fulfilling. Point is, if you can barely lift it, it's my kind of notebook - and Computers are not for work and games, just work OR games.

Also Barcelona is definitely out of my area of operations - assuming the suggestion actually was serious.

XploD

PostPosted: 2008-06-23 10:53:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snakeye wrote:
Also what's a subnotebook?

vtk kickban Snakeye for using the bad n-word... Smile
Subnotebooks are smaller and lighter than "normal" notebooks. Mine had a 14" TFT, weighted 1.5 kg and fit into a normal backpack... It's priceless to have such a thing if you'll take train and bycle...
zeep

PostPosted: 2008-06-23 11:18:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snakeye wrote:
..Also Barcelona is definitely out of my area of operations - assuming the suggestion actually was serious.

If wishing is serious then yes.

As far as Germany is concerned, i have too much work these months to plan a trip there. Barcelona actually would be a better possibility for me because i'll probably be there a few times this year (work related) but without a pc.
Stinkmarder
[JgKdo]

PostPosted: 2008-06-23 11:23:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

It all depends on whether you will bring that blue girl with you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Another Infiltration Forum Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: