Another Infiltration Forum Forum Index Another Infiltration Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

P11

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Another Infiltration Forum Forum Index -> Infiltration Coop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spm1138

PostPosted: 2008-07-03 02:27:22    Post subject: P11 Reply with quote

The stuff on HK Pro makes it look like the barrel units are swappable.

Wiki says the barrel unit needs to be sent back for reloading.

Would that therefore lead one to the conclusion that the pistol itself could be reloaded by swapping out the barrel unit?

That probably make the bulk of the magazine slightly more than thta of the pistol I suppose?

Here's the SPP-1 if you're interested.
http://www.gizmowatch.com/entry/spp-1-underwater-pistol/

PostPosted: 2008-07-03 07:29:01    Post subject: Re: P11 Reply with quote

Hmm, you may want to consider giving a bit more information for a first post - not everyone has a HK fetish and knows every gun they made by heart. Only a internet search could finally resolve the mild feeling of confusion I experienced after reading this post Mr. Green.

Also the P11 seems to be yet another example why I thorougly dislike H&K - assuming the information provided is correct. First they deny the mere existence, then they let it appear in Tomb Raider - right, I'm sure they don't have any influence on that "product placement", or on the fact most action movies seem to end up as H&K commecials, but I digress.

Back on topic we have a classic example of how Sovjet technology seems once again much simpler and better to me than western one (on a related note: I said "seems to me" because I don't know jack shit about underwater guns). Comparing the P11 to the SPP1 we have the following (perceived) advantages for the SPP1:
- reloading only bullets, hence allowing more ammo for the same weight.
- classic primer instead of electric ignition - which eliminates the option to run out of batteries (though I might think the classic primer could be more prone to failure to discharge..).
- reloading [of an empty barrel part in case of the P11] can be done by a (trained?) soldier and must not be done by some guy back at the H&K factory - I mean how hard can it be to put 5 bullets and protective seals into the barrel part?

Overall it reminds me a bit of the story of NASA and Sovjets confronted with the problem of ballpens not writing in zero-gravity environments. NASA spent a shitload of money making a ballpen that actually does write in zero-gravity. The Sovjets used a pencil. [Note: not sure this is historically accurate or true - but it does seem to reflect the philosophies pretty well]

To get back on topic again: soooo, anyone's gonna add one of these for COOP? I'd really like to do a little payback to those Slith and Skaarj that blasted be with slime and energy projectiles while I was only able to use a knife - not to mention those Kraken. Alternatively we could add trained killer dolphins as equipment items - and release them in water areas to purge them of enemies Mr. Green

"This is a quasi-pleasant day. Almost not bad. Almost not bad at all..." Jon, 04.03.2009
Carpetsmoker

PostPosted: 2008-07-03 08:59:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Overall it reminds me a bit of the story of NASA and Sovjets confronted with the problem of ballpens not writing in zero-gravity environments. NASA spent a shitload of money making a ballpen that actually does write in zero-gravity. The Sovjets used a pencil. [Note: not sure this is historically accurate or true - but it does seem to reflect the philosophies pretty well]

It is not true, i.e. an urban legend.
Snakeye

PostPosted: 2008-07-03 10:34:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carpetsmoker wrote:
It is not true, i.e. an urban legend.

Damn, I suspected it - but as we put it in German: "wenigstens gut erfunden." (sorry, but can't really translate it without killing half of it's inherent meaning)

"This is a quasi-pleasant day. Almost not bad. Almost not bad at all..." Jon, 04.03.2009
Carpetsmoker

PostPosted: 2008-07-03 16:39:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

And as we say in the Netherlands, "Slangenoog is een onverlaat" ... Sorry, can't be translated either Very Happy
Snakeye

PostPosted: 2008-07-03 17:14:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carpetsmoker wrote:
"Slangenoog is een onverlaat"

Well, if the stupid dictionary is correct this would roughly translate to "Snakeeye is a rowdie" - too good I don't know anyone with that name.

Although the voices say you might have been purposely misspelling my name - but I usually don't listen to them because they're paranoid..

..who said I was paranoid? Which one of my enemies said that Mad

Greets,

Slangenog Mr. Green

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Another Infiltration Forum Forum Index -> Infiltration Coop All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: