Another Infiltration Forum Forum Index Another Infiltration Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PSYTEX 1.2 Full (Installer)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Another Infiltration Forum Forum Index -> Infiltration Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Psychomorph

PostPosted: 2008-02-19 23:38:59    Post subject: PSYTEX 1.2 Full (Installer) Reply with quote

PSYTEX 1.2 Full

download (133,6 MB) - link by soultaker007

CHANGES

• All weapon textures, the gear textures, the muzzleflashes and more are retextured or modified to represent a more realistic look and feel.

INSTALLATION

Option 1 - recommended
• Launch the "Psytex1.2Full.exe", specify your Unreal Tournament destination folder and proceed with the installation.
• A notification window will appear, choose the option "YES to All" to overwrite the original Infiltration files and patch them to Psytex 1.2.
• Launch Infiltration with the original "Infiltration.exe" launch icon.

Option 2 - mod
• Launch the "Psytex1.2Full.exe" and extract the files to any place, but not the Unreal Tournament folder (i.e. Desktop). You will see three folders (Infiltration, System, Help_Psytex).
• Rename the folder "Infiltration" to "Psytex".
• Move all three folders to your Unreal Tournament folder (if you have a PsyTex folder from a previous installation, delete it).
• You will be asked if you want to merge the "System" folder with the existing, click "Yes". If you are asked to overwrite existing files, than these must be from a previous Psytex installation, overwrite them.
• Go to the "...\UnrealTournament\System" folder and duplicate the "Infiltration.ini", rename it to "Infiltration_psytex.ini".
• Open the "Infiltration_psytex.ini" and add the following paths to the path section:
Paths=../Psytex/System/*.u
Paths=../Psytex/Textures/Camos/*.utx

• Find the line "GameCommandLine=-log" and change the "INI=Infiltration.ini" to "INI=Infiltration_psytex.ini"
• Make a shortcut of the "Infiltration.exe" (game launcher) and rename it to "Infiltration_Psytex", right click it and select "Properties" and add " -INI=Infiltration_psytex.ini" at the end of the "Target" line.
• Launch Infiltration with the new "Infiltration_Psytex" launcher.

Create PSYTEX launch icon and .ini Tutorial

FACES

The faces are avaialble in two versions, the normal version (i.e. "White_male1") and the BoonieFIX version (i.e. "White_male1_BoonieFIX).
The reason is that both, the cap and the boonie hat face use the same texture, which is displayed incorrectly on the boonie hat face model.

So, if you use a boonie hat in the game, please care to use the "BoonieFIX" version of the face, if you use a cap, use the normal version.

The other customizations (helmet, rag, etc) work with both versions, but because I have two versions of the same face it was an opportunity to add more variety:

CAMOS

Use the Camo Legend to make your choice (click the image to enlarge):

Last edited by Psychomorph on 2010-10-29 22:26:15; edited 103 times in total
Carpetsmoker

PostPosted: 2008-02-21 04:18:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried them and they look nice, I like the vest.

A bit off-topic, but while browsing some images on your folder I came across this:
http://mitglied.lycos.de/psyxeno/m16_sight.gif

This looks way better than the default M16A2 sights, is this a mutator?
Psychomorph

PostPosted: 2008-02-22 00:13:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.

I uploaded the INF_cCamos_PsyTex_beta int file, for those who downloaded the camos from server.
You need to right click and save on HD.
Psychomorph

PostPosted: 2008-02-22 04:21:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all thanks to Stinkmarder for installing the camos on his co-op servers, second thanks to the community for the input (which was helpful).

My plans are to improve these camos up to a final stage (fixing brightness) and to add green/camouflaged vests (for more variety), I may add few more camos in the process aswell.
The gear and the face textures will follow, which are important to make the camos look the way they are meant to look, this will be a mutator.
Than I hope to realize the weapon textures which are up to 90% finished (polishing is usually time consuming), but we may see few of them as a beta test earlier (maybe soon) aswell (is up to the coders, I am glad we have a couple of motivated coders here).
After this I can add more camos (no limits there, because camos aren't mutators).

There is a little problem with the gear. In co-op (offline and online) the backpack is always green even if it has to be black, while in regular team game the backpack is black if the camo has a black backpack defined. Maybe it has to do with your (Stinkmarder) backpack mutator?
Psychomorph

PostPosted: 2008-03-02 04:48:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Version 3 of the testing camo pack.

Improvements are the camouflage colour (darker, more realistic), little details on the vests improved, the leg sling on the left leg removed.

Download (beta 3)

The "Psytex_beta.int" file from the previous versions does not need to be replaced (nor does the gear.utx), so if you had a server download of the previous versions just keep things the way they are. If you want the camos for offline game replace the existing.

Sadly no green vest yet, hold on I try to get them ready.

I made some conceptual changes to the case (actually rather returning to the original). I planned to have "national" vests for each camo, not only is it time consuming, but most vests with their asymetrical pouches and bags won't look good as a simple texture.
The black tac-vests have more straight and lean pouches, that is acceptable as a texture (as we can see) and the black colour makes it less obvious, the green and camouflaged vests however wont look as good.
That's why I decided to pick one or few green/camouflaged bearing-vests/webbing and use them for all camos, these will have no texture pouches but will use the existing 3D pouches/butt-pack. The british PCLE webbing looks bretty good, I may go for it.
EGM<P>

PostPosted: 2008-03-09 10:29:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

psych when do we get to test the new weapon skins ?
any news on the progress yet Question
Psychomorph

PostPosted: 2008-07-03 23:15:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

PsyTex 1.0

Texture Modification, first beta. More Information in the first post, or the readme.
Carpetsmoker

PostPosted: 2008-07-04 00:01:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

<deleted>

Last edited by Carpetsmoker on 2008-07-04 16:27:35; edited 1 time in total
Stinkmarder
[JgKdo]

PostPosted: 2008-07-04 00:38:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

PsyTex-1.0 installed on Coop1.
Carpetsmoker

PostPosted: 2008-07-04 01:22:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

I added a zip file, some people seem to have problems opening the tgz file ...

http://carpetsmoker.net/infiltration/PsyTex-1.0.zip
Psychomorph

PostPosted: 2008-07-04 16:08:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stinkmarder wrote:
PsyTex-1.0 installed on Coop1.

Thanks.

Carpetsmoker wrote:
I added a zip file, some people seem to have problems opening the tgz file ...

http://carpetsmoker.net/infiltration/PsyTex-1.0.zip

Thanks.
Psychomorph

PostPosted: 2008-07-05 01:28:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, all the time I played that mod not a single INF crash occured. Awesome.
EGM<P>

PostPosted: 2008-07-05 12:25:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

it even modifies the black akmsu partially only the shoulder stock and the flash hider are still grey Smile

btw nice work people Smile i like the fal, akmsu,p90 better than before
Psychomorph

PostPosted: 2008-07-06 11:23:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm if possible I could do a polymer grip for the black AKMSU wich could be released as a second version of the black AKMSU. It replaces only two textures, one that holds the grip, stock, muzzle and rear sights, that's why the rest of the AKMSU has the Mod's dark textures, the other is the 3rd person texture.

As for permissions, Conglomera is the original developer, you can probably wait without an end for him to reply, so I'd suggest to simply go ahead.
Snakeye

PostPosted: 2008-07-07 06:13:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only played it offline for a short time yesterday, but overall it looks very nice. A few observations from my side:

1.: The command windows that are opened by the batch files claim to be closable by "pressing any key" - well, apparently "Space" doesn't count as key - "Enter" works though. Nothing serious, just a bit surprising Smile

2.: I never had a 551 SWAT in my hands, but I did shoot the FAS/STGW90 (Swiss Army standard issue 550) on a few occasions and I think the front and rear stock were a tad lighter and greenisher than in the current texture. Also would it be possible to implement the current non-diopter rear sights as night sights? Contrary to popular Inf player opinion the SIG550 series has a 4 position drum rear sights with 3 diopter positions and 1 "normal" iron sights (the one used in Inf), which can be used as night sights - the rear sight has two "glowing" dots and the front sight has one.

3.: Are multiple textures easily doable? I personally prefer the non-wood stock on a FAL - though I have to admit the wooden one now in-game looks terrific. Speaking of the FAL - isn't the metal a tad too flat black?

4.: M9 texture looks a tad too light to me. I've shot a standard 92FS on some occasions, and they're very flat black - don't know if the M9 used by the US Army has a different finish though.

5.: In case the primary question to 3 is yes, would you consider doing a "paint job" M4? Some troops in the desert paint their M16s/M4s in tan because the black looks out of place - I always though those paint job M4s look nice, especially when a part of the color is already off - gives such a nice "used" look.

That's all I can think of right now - thanks for the excellent work, I hope it's put on more servers supposing it doesn't cause troubles on COOP1.

Edit:
Just had time to do some more testing - really fabulous work, just one thing that jumped into my face: the translucent mags showing the mag as always full are really destroying immersion for me (nearly as much as Inf weapons having no mag when thrown to the ground empty..). I know this is a pain in the ass to do properly, but unless you do it right it just looks wrong - I'm not even sure it is possible to do in Inf, though a multitexture linked to the number of rounds left might work, but if there is no way, leave then non-translucent.

"This is a quasi-pleasant day. Almost not bad. Almost not bad at all..." Jon, 04.03.2009
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Another Infiltration Forum Forum Index -> Infiltration Development All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: